Green Day (not) in Taipei March 2020 and March 2021

Heard Green Day is going to be at Taipei Arena. How are they going to play music real if the neighbors will complain like they did with A-mei.

It’s a Saturday night at least.

Father of All Motherf*ckers new album coming out.

1 Like

The American Clash?

they should’nt listen to old people otherwise who’s gonna come to play?

That is the one band the rest of my family absolutely positively cannot stand. They can sit through Animals as Leaders, they can sit through Drake, they can sit through King Crimson and late 70s Miles Davis, but Green Day is a dealbreaker.

He didn’t play from 1975 to 1980

You are correct. I meant everything from Bitches Brew on. Guess I was thinking of someone else.

1 Like

Easy listening :yum:

2 Likes

Are they coming to Taiwan with Weezer and Fallout Boy? That’s who they’re touring with at the moment; it would be pretty amazing if they did.

from /r/taiwan, ticket info:
https://tixcraft.com/activity/detail/20_GreenDay

(date is actually Tue 17 Mar)

Will this be easy to get a ticket for? I’m wondering how quickly previous big shows (Guns N Roses, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran) sold out.

Also are ticket resellers/touts/scalpers a problem in Taiwan?

When I took my daughter to see G 'n R in Taoyuan the only tickets left were the ones right in front of Slash at 6500NT.

Ouch! It was her birthday present so fair enough.

2 Likes

I like Green Day a lot, but… no. Absolutely no.

1 Like

I’ve read them described as such by their fans. Here is a cracker I just found on Reddit:

“Put The Clash, The Who, and The Beatles harmonies into a blender, put it in a gravity bong, and raise it in a dead end, working class factory town, and you have Green Day.”

My daughter is upset about it. I was laughing at her

That almost literally made me puke. Green Day doesn’t deserve to lick the ground any of those bands have walked on. They’re the worst kind of talentless, derivative poseurs, and it embarrasses me that they’re from my hometown.

Your family has good taste. :sunglasses:

MAR 16, 2021
Taipei, Taipei City, TW

green day

That doesn’t seem to give them much time to fit their 14 days of quarantine in. Do they have some kind of exemption? :thinking:

I think they rescheduled from last year, maybe they will reschedule again if countries won’t let them in.

I’ve heard it is cancelled. They’re offering refunds.

https://tixcraft.com/activity/detail/20_GreenDay