When will quarantine in Taiwan end? (Currently 0+7)

How would they check though? From what I’ve heard nobody really follows the rules after the initial 3 days quarantine anyway.

2 Likes

Don’ know, but I wouldn’t want to be the victim of a random check that found me in the wrong place.

2 Likes

The ARC number knows all.

And police carry that little computer thingy.

1 Like

Though I doubt that they know how many bedrooms and bathrooms are in a home without a physical inspection.

They used to inspect your home earlier… But now they don’t

2 Likes

Sounds like they will continue the quarantine form along with address check and sim card show at airport.

My post got moderated, so I’ll try again:

When I did self-health management, no-one tracked me and I did whatever I wanted and went wherever I wanted. This is not advisable, and I don’t recommend you do it. But, if you are a risk-seeking person, and want to take the risk of also receiving absolutely no consequences at all, then go for it.

5 Likes

You mean when your acquaintance did it. :rofl:

1 Like

If a Taiwanese official figured out who I was and showed proof that I had broken a rule for which there is a fine, then I would gladly pay it.

1 Like

That is what I heard, but I don’t know if it is true. Hope not.

They have to stop you doing something. What would happen if a Taiwanese person got infected by you instead of one of the 40000 local cases?

How would the hospitals cope?

3 Likes

For the eleventh time, guys, we are not the same. We are the celebrities of our alleys. We stand out like a sore thumb. With an ingrown nail.

You have to carry yourself as George Clooney, not the Beaver. There are eyes on us.

Remember the woman who got the quarantine cops set on her when she came back for her luggage just after arriving? Remember that, in Kaohsiung? The problem of taking a risk is whether you have all the information to make it calculated.

I am currently on self-health management, and I go out whenever and wherever I want to. The stopped sending me text messages in the morning asking how I feel. I consider myself free to do whatever I want. I have had 3 covid tests within 6 days, all of the negative which means I am ok.

Focus Taiwan has posted a clear detailed account of what to expect on September 29—and possible changes on October 13:

Guy

6 Likes

It looks like you and I are both in luck!

2 Likes

Yep, it’s been that way for quite awhile now. You can do anything you want except go to school or work at a school in Taipei.

1 Like

Last year that wouldn’t have been advisable. This year it’s standard practice, and the government knows it and allows it. They’re only keeping the policy in place for election year face-saving.

3 Likes

If you test positive you quarantine for 7 days. If you test negative it’s 3+4 (soon to be 0+7).

I’m not saying that’s good policy, but that’s why they give the test.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

If you’re in a residence with others, you’re not “in quarantine”, are you? You’re just not allowed to go out, for reasons unknown.

I really thought these pronouncements couldn’t get any dumber, and they always find a way to outdo themselves.

3 Likes