When will quarantine in Taiwan end? (Currently 0+7)

The rules of the Taipei DOE for employees of schools in Taipei. They are well-known— it’s not my job to do your research for you. If you work in this setting you already know. If you don’t, I obviously wasn’t referring to you and I’m not sure why you felt the need to argue.

It’s not a workplace rule, it’s a rule of several departments of education, including Taipei’s. Workplaces under their jurisdictions are bound by their rules, regardless of what the CECC says.

This is what you said. This is demonstrably false. I had no problems working during my self health management times.

You made a statement, I rebutted your statement. I asked for proof. You don’t have to provide proof, that’s fine. But I will post and make sure no, self health management is not the same as quarantine.

I’m not talking about the DOE. You didn’t mention anything about DOE in your post.

Not everybody is like you working in this setting. You didn’t mention anything about the setting in your post. I replied to your post to set the record straight.

Again, you didn’t mention anything about DOE things in your post. I set the record straight. It has nothing to do with arguing, but you don’t need to project onto me. Your post clearly stated that:

You don’t seem to be replying to anybody in this post, so I set the record straight.

And similarly, while you may not be able to work in your specific setting because of your workplace or other rules, it’s not the same as quarantine because unlike quarantine, you’re allowed to leave the house or quarantine centre.

This isn’t an argument. Never was an argument. I just simply rebutted a post that could mislead someone into thinking that the government’s rules are they may not work during Self Health Management.

5 Likes

Not being able to eat in restaurants for 7 days makes it less appealing. But progress, right?

I believe this is incorrect. I work in a university, and those seem to have differing rules based on … which workplace you’re at. Hence, in my case, workplace rule.

1 Like
5 Likes

Info here!

6 Likes

My flight back is exactly on the 15th.

Sweet.

3 Likes

Lucky you. Mine’s on 9/30, think I’m gonna have to book a hotel room.

0+7 in any Hotel/Apartment possible?

What part of 0 are you not understanding there?

2 Likes

0 means no quarantine, only 7 days of self health management.

I was wondering the same. If it was really 0, then it would be dropped completely. I know there will be some stupid rule attached.

It’s just a health monitoring period. Which is nonsensical. We all monitor our healths in some way or another….

Maybe they’ll ask for a rapid test in day seven.

2 Likes

I call it 95% normal.

Looks like 4 people were right. Most of you were wrong.

1 Like

I guess I’ve been here too long to take this at face value. I’m very happy that I can go home for Christmas and return normally. This is huge for me as my parents aren’t getting any younger and I’m running my own business. I’ve spent so much time and money on Covid rules like others have. However, I’ve got clients that want to visit their suppliers in Kaohsiung, Tainan, Taichung and New Taipei. I’m wondering if they’ll make them stay at a horrible Q hotel and return to the same one for 7 days.

I don’t think it’s required to stay at a Qhotel.

Given the fact that you can transfer out when quarantine ends during today’s 3+4

2 Likes

I’m also not sure, looking to book a room now, but are there currently restrictions on what kind of accommodation you can have? As long as you can prove you’re alone in your hotel room / apartment, then it’s fine?

It’s a requirement only if you are a student, south east asian slave worker or a fisherman.