When you gotta pee.....you gotta pee

< edit: Old title was Help, anyone with medical knowldge on here? or something like that >

I’m a little scared right now…and have a bit of a situation. If you have medical knowledge please send me a PM. I know if I post my situation people will just tell me to go to a hospital…but there’s a good chance this is a small problem. And I don’t feel like wasting my day off…but there’s also a chance my body is about to shut down…well I’ll just wait for a PM.

now u have me worried! Hope you are OK!

I’m sure it looks scarier than it is…and my feelings of discomfort are probably more from the fear…than the actual problem. And I’m not embarassed about the problem…so as to not be writing about it.

I’m just not saying what it is because I don’t feel like reading 10 posts of “Go to the hospital now!!” . I’ll say what it is later…I’m sure I’ll be laughing about it in a couple of days.

Yeah, I was over reacting as I predicted. Seems to be a small problem…no pun intended.

I was peeing blood…not blood in my pee…but pure 100% blood coming out the urethra.

So kidney failure? Internal bleeding?..etc. Gave me a bit of a scare. But after further thought I remembered that I as I was beginning to pee…I clenched up a muscle to cut off the flow…(was reaching for a book or something) and I felt some…discomfort. So chances are I ruptured something when I cut off the flow.

So evidently by just stopping yourself from peeing…you can burst a vein…or something. Isn’t getting old fun? I can’t wait to see what other fun filled adventures my body is going to have on this journey into the future which we call…aging.

Did you see a doctor yet?

bobepine

Most likely you got one or more small kidney stones, which are currently on the way down to your bladder and have hurt your ureter. This also explains the discomfort your experienced. Had the same ‘issue’ last year (also peeing blood & pain) and was scared at the beginning too. Go to a hospital and get an X-ray. The best I know is this regard is the Cathay General Hospital (國泰) in Taipei’s Renai Rd. The have an X-ray machine producing digital images (not slides, like the other hospitals), which can be magnified to see if stones are left in the kidney/s and if yes, how small or large they are. The first thing the doc most likely will give you is a medication to stop the internal bleeding plus another medication, which will relax your muscles so that you can pee out the stone. After a couple of days and some more pain you will be OK again. Keep in mind that you have to drink lots of water (3 to 5 liters per day) to ‘flush out’ the stone/s.

Here is another thread about the same subject: [url]Kidney stone/exercise problem

I’m fairly certain that I just…tore…something. The urine was on it’s way out…I flexed a muscle and blocked it’s path. The back pressure caused some expansion somewhere…and something ripped.

There was no pain…only a feeling of “pressure” as I held the urine in. I pee’d again a short time later…and there was a slight burning feeling as if I was running water over a cut on my hand. So again I think I just had a small tear or cut…on the inside. It’s closed now. And there shouldn’t be anymore problems.

But what a scare! :astonished: :laughing:

Could’ve been a tear, also could’ve been pressure popping that weird new blood network on the head of that curable tumour, who’s to know?

HG

The feeling of “pressure” is the same as I experienced with my kidney stones. But you still have to see a doc. The feeling of pressure can from the stone in the ureter or, if the stone cannot pass, cause the kidney to inflate, which means a high risk of kidney failure. Thus, you better see a doc sooner than later!

Mordeth,

I have had kidney stones twice.

I don’t want to sound pessimistic, but you might have just got a warning that you have got some serious shit coming your way.

The first time, I got some blood in the urine it concerned me just a little but as I had fallen off a MTB a couple of days earlier I thought it would pass. It wasn’t 100% blood, just cola colored. I didn’t go to the doc.
2 days later, I got severe abdominal pains than rendered me useless, and had to rush to the hospital and get all the ER shit done to me. Remember at the time I and anyone else had no idea that it was Kidney Stones, so it’s a bit of a panic situation for everyone involved (AKA: I really thought I was going to die).

My point is, go see the hospital ASAP. It’s way better to know what is causing that situation that just hope for the best. It’s natures way of telling you something it up dude, so get yourself there now.
I’ll be honest with you, you have to lose your inhibitions regarding this. It’s a survival technique.

If you do google on blood in urine, ALL the medical advice tells you to get to a doc/hospital ASAP. I wouldn’t bother with the doc, just go straight to hospital. There are a number of things it could be, so don’t try guessing.

I just phoned my nurse friend again. She’s the third smartest girl I’ve ever met. She agrees I should go get a physical some time soon. But since there is no blood in my urine and there was just some actual pure blood in the shaft…it seems very unlikely that it’s kidney related.

She does recommend I get a prostrate check done…I asked what that was…and she gave me an answer I didn’t want to hear. :astonished: But if I feel like having a man’s hand shoved up my butt in the near future…I’ll be sure to get it done. :noway:

[quote=“Mordeth”]I just phoned my nurse friend again. She’s the third smartest girl I’ve ever met. She agrees I should go get a physical some time soon. But since there is no blood in my urine and there was just some actual pure blood in the shaft…it seems very unlikely that it’s kidney related.

She does recommend I get a prostrate check done…I asked what that was…and she gave me an answer I didn’t want to hear. :astonished: But if I feel like having a man’s hand shoved up my butt in the near future…I’ll be sure to get it done. :noway:[/quote]
I got one of those prostrate checks done in the ER. It was my lucky day, a 28-30 year old FEMALE urologist. But I was too out of it to appreciate it at the time. :stuck_out_tongue:
But seriously, getting a check is the way to go. All the best.