Where am I supposed to contact if I go to Taipei?

[quote] Here in Taiwan, your pet will stop briefly or overnight in a quarantine holding cage at the airport, then it must be transported by you to Natl. Taiwan University’s quarantine center in Taipei. You may sign-up for a time to visit your pet during quarantine. [/quote]Interesting. In Kaohsiung, you can not visit your pet for 21 days.

[quote] Cats are caged in one inside room and veterinarians are on site. The possibility of infection seems fairly high given it’s an enclosed room, the cages are stacked, and the animals are stressed. [/quote]In Kaohsiung, they use big rooms, 12x12 feet or so. They are tiled rooms where the animals are alone. They put a litter, some towels on the floor and they feed the cat three times everyday. It’s also air-conditioned.

Sounds like Tapei is busier with animals and they put them in cages as Kaohsiung uses small rooms. The down side is no visits allowed. It might be worth it to have the cat sent to Kaohsiung instead as the set up sounds nicer and safer. Just a thought.

bobepine

infections??? oh no!!

it’s possible to have my cat go to the kaoshiung one even if I go live in Taiwan right??thanks so much for your advice!

infections??? oh no!!

it’s possible to have my cat go to the kaoshiung one even if I go live in Taiwan right??thanks so much for your advice!

[quote=“jessccw”]infections??? oh no!!

it’s possible to have my cat go to the Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong) one even if I go live in Taiwan right??thanks so much for your advice![/quote]You could fly to Kaohsiung and take a train or a domestic flight from here to Tapei. Direct flights to Kaohsiung are more difficult to get, especially with an airline that allows live animals and they often have a stop over in Tapei. Something you need to look into if you want your cat to be quarantined in Kaohsiung. World Wide Animal Travel will be familiar with both quarantine facility and with whichever airline you should use.

bobepine

hey jessccw,
ok just directly to CKS intl. airport from vancouver, cos it will be easier and faster for everything you will need to deal with later!!

and if u really need helps starting from your arriving CKS, let me know, i think i will be able to pick you up from CKS and drive you to Taipei as long as you know where you are going to stay, and where to pick up your pet!!! it only takes 45 minutes from CKS to Taipei; comparing to getting from vancouver island to vancouver intl. airport, it is so much faster here in taipei :stuck_out_tongue:

gather all ur stuff ready for this crazy lovely island ok!!

[quote=“letgo”]hey jessccw,
ok just directly to CKS intl. airport from Vancouver, cos it will be easier and faster for everything you will need to deal with later!!

and if u really need helps starting from your arriving CKS, let me know, I think I will be able to pick you up from CKS and drive you to Taipei as long as you know where you are going to stay, and where to pick up your pet!!! it only takes 45 minutes from CKS to Taipei; comparing to getting from Vancouver island to Vancouver intl. airport, it is so much faster here in Taipei :stuck_out_tongue:

gather all your stuff ready for this crazy lovely island ok!![/quote]

bobepine and letgo-THANKS!!

letgo-wouldn;'t it be ok if i fly from toronto isntead? which city do you live in?

hey jessccw,

if you are close to toronto, then it will be easy for you to fly from there for sure! i live in taipei city, so if taipei is where you are going to stay in, i can always help you as long as im free! letgowild@hotmail.com … mail me if u have questions.

see ya