Where are the big tech companies recruiting?

Hi there,
I have a lot of questions about jobs and recruitment.
I am just wondering about where the big tech companies are hiring from.
For example, companies like Microsoft, Asus, Adata etc. which schools do they recruit from and which programs are most recruited?
I am going to school for a international business mba in fall and starting to research into what kinds of intern/jobs I will go into.
Would I be better off looking for a internship or job out of Taiwan? Would companies outside of Taiwan consider the degree from Taiwan universities competitive enough?
Any information I can get would help a lot! thanks

Most schools already have “deals” with certain companies, which most frequently sponsor the programs.

An MBA from Taiwan is not highly regarded even in Taiwan. For that, you should get a degree from a third-rate university in the UK. Outside of Taiwan, it might actually be a liability, to the extent that it signals low opportunity cost on your part. That being said, you’ll still probably be better off looking for a job out of Taiwan afterwards.

Most importantly, realize that the program you’re about to get into, you’ll be doing mostly for your personal satisfaction, don’t expect to reap any other benefits.

An MBA from Taiwan is not highly regarded even in Taiwan. For that, you should get a degree from a third-rate university in the UK. Outside of Taiwan, it might actually be a liability, to the extent that it signals low opportunity cost on your part. That being said, you’ll still probably be better off looking for a job out of Taiwan afterwards.

Most importantly, realize that the program you’re about to get into, you’ll be doing mostly for your personal satisfaction, don’t expect to reap any other benefits.[/quote]

That really depends. There are quite a few well-ranked programmes that have received EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. An MBA from one of Taiwan’s top universities - NTU, NCCU, Chiao Tung or Tsinghua - is definitely not worthless. It might look different when considering degrees from unknown, unranked private universities that do not have any major accreditation.

Most importantly, realize that the program you’re about to get into, you’ll be doing mostly for your personal satisfaction, don’t expect to reap any other benefits.[/quote]

That really depends. There are quite a few well-ranked programmes that have received EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. An MBA from one of Taiwan’s top universities - NTU, NCCU, Chiao Tung or Tsinghua - is definitely not worthless. It might look different when considering degrees from unknown, unranked private universities that do not have any major accreditation.[/quote]

Hmm I see, I am actually doing IBMBA at NSYSU. I am hoping the international business part would make me more internationally equipped. I am also hoping to do a intern outside of Taiwan during the summer.

You may ask if NSYSU has a semester abroad program. NCCU does, so you have the chance say to study in partners schools Korea or Japan or China, even attend the INSEAD or other prestigious schools in Europe. Once there, an intership can be arranged.

There are generally two reasons to do an MBA:
(1) being lined up for promotion, when your employer is paying for you (the executive kind);
(2) self-funded, principally for networking, and then it should be done where your target job market is (usually at least the same country).

Your situation seems to be neither of the above.

Separately, higher education in Taiwan is a disappointment you don’t want to get into unless you have no other choice, which would typically mean you are (a) from a third-world country and (b) poor and have (c) an offer of scholarship in Taiwan and (d) no better offers. Unless all four of these are true, I’d re-evaluate my options if I were you.

The best Taiwanese students will do at most a bachelor locally, and then go abroad. When you get into a local graduate program, you get to be with the rest, a negatively self-selected group. The experience is anything but international.

Even a top MBA program in Taiwan will be a rather boring pursuit of credits and credentials that in the end mean very little, other than precluding you from ever getting an MBA from any better place, as realistically you’re not going to do it again when you already have one. On the plus side, it will be cheap, and a lot of fun through extracurricular activities if you keep the right attitude. The most you can gain from it is some networking but that’ll all be useless the inevitable moment you step onto a plane back home.

I don’t want to discourage you, just give you a realistic assessment of the situation, so that you know what you’re getting into. Good luck with your studies.

What Doraemonster said + 1.

Indeed. And since we are on that subject, work in those big tech companies is “decent” in the US, not here. Read about Taiwan’s working environment. I am not going to name names, but one of those that you mentioned I have heard from several sources that here in Taiwan is a colosal dissapointment.

If you are Oversdeas Chinese and wish to “get in touch with your roots” and all that jazz, go to Beijing, go to any prestigious university in China. That willl open more doors both in the companies you mention and internationally as well.

The value of the degree would probably depend on how you used it as a spring board into an internship / job. If you managed to get a big organisation to take you on for a research project, and if that then turned into a job, then you would be doing very nicely indeed.

If I was you I would be aiming for Taiwanese companies that have operations overseas, especially in China. Or global companies with operations in Taiwan.