Where are the electric cars at?

Please give more information or a link. Thank you.

Please give more information or a link. Thank you.[/quote]

It was supposed to be on the market this year. Almost forgot about it.

Please give more information or a link. Thank you.[/quote]

It was supposed to be on the market this year. Almost forgot about it.

[/quote]
Please give me Taiwan specific information. Thank you.

[quote=“Kea”]
Please give me Taiwan specific information. Thank you.[/quote]
Full electric vehicle,
300 mile range on a single charge.
Can charge for up to 150 miles in a 30 minutes fast charge. Not good for the batteries, my guess!
The battery pack is flattened below the floor. Very good for handling.
4.5 to 5.5 sec from 0 - 60 mp/h.
The price depends on the battery pack either for performance 4.5 from 0 - 60 cost you about 100k US$
The family model about 50K US$ after government incentives.

They build the Tessla and the S class primary for rich people.
The idea behind it is; Instead of trying to produce an Electric car for the mass it would be easier to build one for the rich first.
As technology for building those cars advance the prices will come down and eventually there will be a car for Hansy, Joe, Hilde and Berta.

I hope the car comes with a sound generator …

Yes, Hamlet, I know all that general stuff. Thanks anyway. Who is importing it? What TW specific information do you have? Cheers.

Tesla owns all their own dealers, so there will not be an traditional importer. We started deliveries on June 22nd and are sold out for around 10-12 months (you order today you get the car around June 2013). I spoke with the Sales manager a few months ago and he mentioned that the car would be for sale in China and Taiwan in 2013. I did not get any further details. Contact the Hong Kong sales for more info.

hongkong@teslamotors.com.
+852 8120 8453.

[quote=“Ducked”][quote=“finley”]Ducked, I think what you’re describing is basically the way a Prius works - the key component is the special power-split epicyclic gear that connects the motor, generator, and engine. I guess there’s no reason why you couldn’t make the motor and battery smaller so that electrical power is only used for stop-start driving. It’s an interesting idea, but whether it’s economically feasible is another question. And it certainly wouldn’t be a simple retrofit job.
[/quote]

…If I had to improvise something along these lines, that’s a different problem, requiring a cruder solution. I might try fitting a RWD axle to a FWD car, with an electric motor (perhaps a truck starter) bolted onto the diff housing. Main drive train is then unaffected. This would also give you part-time low speed 4WD.

At the slow speeds we are talking about, I’d probably be willing to forgo brake servo assistance, which, since I’ve had non-servo cars, and cars where the servo bust, I find a bit optional. You could also dead-engine brake via the clutch, handbrake, or, in extremis, have an electric or mechanical vacuum pump. My Dodge diesel truck had one, IIRC, so they’re a shelf item.

…[/quote]

Saw an old Top Gear feature a few days ago, on the Nissan Cube, which apparently comes in a 4-wheel drive version that does essentially what I suggest as an improvisation above. (electric motor on the rear axle, driving the rear wheels).

“The boys” (or at least Clarkson and Hammond, can’t remember May saying anything) were pretty scathing, which is as good an endorsement of an idea as I can think of.

So it must be great, and I must be a genius.

kea, there has been “serious talk” of electric cars here in taiwan for at least 8 years that i know of, including actual models here on display. and as with most places something happens, ie paid off to fuck off, and they dont come. you wont get any serious info cause they are not serious about coming yet. when they are, it will be very public, especially with something like the tesla cars. just the way she goes…