The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

6 Likes

5 Likes

Well problem is some places won’t even let you in unless you are wearing a mask, so if you can’t even find them, then it’s unreasonable to deny entry because you can’t even buy them.

Well there are these masks:

And unlike normal paper masks there seem to be plenty of them. They’re also much more comfortable to wear than paper masks and protects you against paint fumes or scooter exhausts.

2 Likes

Not with the new folks from Wuhan.

Also, the people that lied on immigration forms etc, if they get the symptoms and is not very serious (say they have a strong no immune system) they will not go to hospitals but they will be spreading the virus.

24 Hour shop Zhulin Road NTC has loads of masks including 3m 95n 7pm Taiwan time

1 Like

Well they aren’t cases till they turn up in a doctor’s office. It’s actually a little weird we’re stuck on ten. Seems a little too good to be true…

2 Likes

What’s a 24 hour shop?
Shop name?
Address?

1 Like

24 Hour Shop

Zhulin Road

Yonghe District, New Taipei City 23441, Taiwan

Thanks, but that doesn’t help unless you have a building number.

Plug the partial address you provided into Google maps and this is the result…

Zhulin Road

Yonghe District, New Taipei City 23441, Taiwan

Sorry best I can get from Google maps, shop just after elementary School,going Yong He road way big sign saying 24 HOURS.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you mean this one https://goo.gl/maps/XXrXtb2s1w4KpkLC9

1 Like

They’re in fucking quarantine.

I don’t believe in Santa Claus.

They couldn’t even keep up with the original list of evacuees, I hear mostly are Chinese spouses… as long as they don’t have symptoms I bet the guanxis will guarantee they stay in quarantine only when the media is around

1 Like

They’re in quarantine. Do you want me to go and take photos of them?

I am not doubting they are in quarantine. But I do doubt they are there all the time, depending on who is there and if they are without symptoms and well connected. This is Taiwan!

2 Likes

Wrong chat?

That’s the one I used during SARS!

2 Likes

2 colleagues went driveabout at lunch time, visited 10 pharmacies over a fairly wide area and came back empty handed.

2 Likes

Maybe things will get better by this weekend. I only wear a mask in the MRT now. Not in the office and of course not at home. In a few days, these hoarders are going feel awful bad not being able to beat everyone else in getting their prized package in the mornings.