Where are these old streets today?

In an old book, I found references to a place in Taiwan (probably Taipei), circa 1950, with the following (English) street names:

A snake-market begins on the corner of Chang Tso-Lin Road, which has bars called the Teagarden and Talifu, and is near a Crooked Pond. (Could this be Wanhua?)

A Sandalmakers Road leads into a Temple Lane, so named for its several “Hindu” (specifically Vaisnava) temples. (Has Taiwan EVER had a Hindu temple?)

Quilt Street is a red-light district.

Can anyone identify these places? All of them seem to have had lots of foreigners.

[quote=“Zla’od”]A snake-market begins on the corner of Chang Tso-Lin Road, which has bars called the Teagarden and Talifu, and is near a Crooked Pond. (Could this be Wanhua?)
A Sandalmakers Road leads into a Temple Lane, so named for its several “Hindu” (specifically Vaisnava) temples. (Has Taiwan EVER had a Hindu temple?)
Quilt Street is a red-light district. [/quote]

Not sure whether any of this is of any help, but:
Chang Tso-Lin must refer to the warlord (General) 張作霖 who was killed in 1928 by an explosion under his railway car on the Beijing-Shenyang (formerly Mukden) Railway (near Huanggutun). However, i’ve found no reference to a road with his name in either Google, Google Maps, or Baidu (tried that with both traditional and simplified characters).

A reference to a Hindu temple in Taipei: blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-e … /tpod.html
And this one: chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/fore … iation.htm
There is a Hindu community in Tainan, too.

Somehow, what you write there strikes me as fitting into Hong-Kong rather than Taipei, though…

[quote=“yuli”]There is a Hindu community in Tainan, too.
[/quote]

NO WAY. Where??

The lower picture labeled as ‘Painting at Hindu temple’ shows a pretty standard folk/Taoist temple door god.

Photographer’s error? Syncretism? :ponder:

The “Indian Association of Taipei” Facebook page says: IAT is a group comprised of Indian families and companies based in Taiwan. With a history of 34 years, IAT has its own club premises with a temple. We celebrate major hindu festivals, observe national holidays, and hold some entertainment activities.

Found this comment too: therealtaiwan.com/indians-in … ment-47056