Where Are You Going To?

I read a lot of reasons why some forumosans dislike Taiwan.
I stare at my screen, and try to think if this discussion can bring out more information.

So I think where would forumosans go after they leave Taiwan?
Go home, go to new paradise, or, maybe go to a worse place.

Here are some hypothetical questions.
Where will you go and why do you choose the place if you leave Taiwan?
Which countries or cities will offer more opportunities and better life?

Last year, I almost left Taiwan. I was going to China for study.
Same reasons made me leave, but some reasons made me stay.

Now I am thinking I would go to Amazon to establish my cult like what Kurtz did.
I would be the queen of Amazon. No! The god of Amazon!

Sorry, I was joking.

[quote=“kate.lin”]I read a lot of reasons why some forumosans dislike Taiwan.
I stare at my screen, and try to think if this discussion can bring out more information.

So I think where would forumosans go after they leave Taiwan?
Go home, go to new paradise, or, maybe go to a worse place.

Here are some hypothetical questions.
Where will you go and why do you choose the place if you leave Taiwan? Which countries or cities will offer more opportunities and better life?[/quote]

For me, Taiwan has been pretty much great. Easy to whine about, but yeh…I love it here. If I go somewhere else, its for more $$, or career development. Maybe Dubai or UK. Not home. Home is boring.

If I can cut down on my booze expenses and save up for a ticket out of here, I’d like to go back home to New Zealand or to
Australia.

Well you’ll have to cut down on more than booze if u plan to go to Aus.

I kinda like it here. If I ever manage to build my photography business up to a level where I can make a decent living without another job, I’d consider moving to a non-farang part of Thailand or maybe China as long as it was a hot part of China. I hate cold.

But otherwise, I’m perfectly happy in my small Taiwanese city - although the opportunities for relationships here are few and far between (my Chinese is terrible).

Cute sheep? What do you mean? Australia is a lot like New Zealand (just a higher percentage of insecure wankers who fail to recognise the greatness of N.Z.) so I should be able to adjust to living there. And I’ll finally be able to support a decent cricket team.

[quote=“almas john”]If I can cut down on my booze expenses and save up for a ticket out of here, I’d like to go back home to New Zealand or to
Australia.
[/quote]

And don’t forget that booze is not only expensive in Oz, drinking is the national sport.