Where are you supposed to park your bicycle in Taiwan's apartments?

Not the lightest bike around, but it’s not a cargo e-bike. Mind the rear mudguard when putting it in the elevator. It’s a nice bike to let it rust outside.

Edit: parking lot is another option, if your building has one.

2 Likes

I bought a new simple bike kept it in the house for a couple months. Everything was fine.

I put it on the balcony and within a week it was rusting.

Try not to keep bikes outside in taiwan.

1 Like

Ah I just realized wall mount might work for some people or these things. Maybe I can find one that will fit somehow :smiling_face_with_tear:

I think I need to get over my anxiety of bringing it in the elevator too. Taiwanese people aren’t very self aware
 shouldn’t matter if I act the same :confounded:

1 Like

I guess youbike isn’t an option for you? In addition to not needing to store it, don’t have to buy it or wall mounts. Don’t need to worry about theft or maintenance, don’t have to sell it when you go.

I had a nice bike, which was an inconvenience when I was worried about theft even when locked. For serious trail riding it was a dream, but for just riding around the city the youbike is great.

The frame of the bike you shared doesn’t look like it would hang on the rack that you shared. And are you sure you are strong enough to lift it? Maybe the wall mount is an unnecessary expense anyways, unless you plan to do your own maintenance

1 Like

Now they are going to fine residents $200k ntd caught putting stuff in the parking lot or hallway smh

1 Like

Whole restaurants, flower pots, sofas and scooters infront of apartments: no problem.
Bicycle: have a fine.

My old building = gong yu. had a space under the stairs behind the main entrance, everyone put their bikes there.
My new place literally has nothing. It was a crappy bike anyway, so I parked it out the front in a big public bike rack. After a year somebody nicked it. There’s a youbike station right outside my front door so i just use that now, its just a pity at night time there are never any youbikes availible.

1 Like

I got a note last year saying I have to move it. It’s been in my apartment since. Youbike hurts my hip no matter how much I adjust it. Plus the lack of hygiene of people, costing money, and it not by my location. I can go on and on but there is already a thread for youbike of other people doing it lol.

Oh, i didn’t realize you have already bought this problematic bicycle. In that case, maybe standing it up on it’s back wheel and hanging the front wheel on a hook? That way it takes up less floor space, you don’t have to lift it, and it doesn’t matter that your bike doesn’t have a cross bar

https://shp.ee/k7kjeqh

1 Like

The bicycle? Since when you cannot park a è‡ȘèĄŒè»Š in your ćœè»Šäœ? I would complain to ask everyone to stop parking other two wheel vehicles too, like scooters.

1 Like

Realize you might be offended by this advice so you can stop reading now, but trying to use logic in Taiwan will drive you mad. Just go with the flow, say the Serenity prayer when angry, and keep yourself and family safe. Works for me.

2 Likes

Easy fix, (good for scooters and such as well). Get a pump garden sprayer, fill it with WD40 (does that exist in Taiwan?) and drench it.

Put some spray cleaner on a cloth and clean the seat and handgrips and anything else you might touch regularly as well as exposed braking surfaces (rims or rotors) and leave the rest alone.

Repeat every few months.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Idk why it won’t let me heart your comment. @TT

Anyways that’s perfect! Thank you

1 Like

Wait now how am I suppose to air up the tires? I was planning to ride it today ,:sob:

Using a pump is the easiest way.

2 Likes

Police stations have tire pumps.

1 Like

Too late.

Any bike shop as well, plus I think gas stations? I know I’ve used gas stations air pumps (not in a long while), but I have a vague memory that their pressure could be dangerously high for bicycle tires.

Finding the right kind of valve for your bicycle tire may be slightly complicated, in which case a bike shop (and perhaps buying an appropriate pump) would be the best bet.

3 Likes

Some others have already given advice, but here it goes;

• If you’re in a walk up, the area under the stairs.
  • If you’re in an apartment building with a parking lot, the parking lot. If you’ve paid 500USD for a city bike, pay the x00NT for the monthly scooter parking

If you have neither of the above, it seems like your only option might be your living room, balcony, or just selling it and getting a smaller bike. This way you can easily bring it into the elevator and fit on the rack you shared.

You can try something like this, but I have to assume your bike is a bit on the heavier side.

Either way. Good luck!

2 Likes