Where best to escape summer heat in Taiwan?

Well, this is assuming it will be back on in a couple of months. Obviously a bit tricky right now.

The trouble with any escape plan to beat the heat, if there was such a thing, is that you will get so hot getting there, by whatever mode of transport you choose, and then even hotter getting back that you may as well have stayed put in the first place.

Anyway the heat looks like it’s here to stay for a while now. Why on earth am I drinking hot coffee?

1 Like

Enjoy rain? Endless, unceasing rain that makes you question your sanity? Yilan awaits!

It’s going to be hot for a while, brothers and sisters. Time to confront this ugly truth. I was in Puli not that long ago. The temperature wasn’t THAT different. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Also typhoons will be far more intense in Yilan because there’s no mountain to block it.

The hottest place in Taiwan yesterday was in Puli Township Nantou at 38 degrees. And actually felt 3 to 5 degrees higher.

3 Likes

1ec0667354eae3d8178511551c8959e1e49384708f9b4ddf5420d39898e8680b

4 Likes

Alishan today was 17 degrees at 2pm. Not much else at that area.

Seems need to reach 2000m where heat drops off. Lower will be hot in daytime.

This comes up every year… take the escape with you wherever you go!

2 Likes

Mainly concerned with weather. Is there somewhere you’d go to escape the heat of Taipei? But if all else is more or less equal, you can include other factors as well. Thanks!

Someone inside with strong AC.

If it’s not your home because of electricity or whatever, then any public location with very strong AC.

I’d just go to Kenting. Ocean breeze, beach, cooler nights.

3 Likes

I think this has some other thread elsewhere. [Mod note: Moved the posts]
The general consensus is get up a bit into the mountains where it’s a bit cooler.
How far can you go to get away from Taipei? Outer islands, too?

1 Like

I’m thinking they’d be hotter than hell. I went to Peng Hu in summer once. Once.

4 Likes

Anywhere in Taiwan. And yeah I found a blogger who mentions Alishan and Cingjing Farm as mountain getaways. What are your thoughts?

Looks like there was an older thread with a few places mentioned. Where is the coolest place in Taiwan to live in throughout the summer? - #8 by crystaleye

[Mod note: Moved the posts.]

1 Like

[Mod note: Done.]

2 Likes

Sanchung

We went to Fushoushan in August. Highest camping site in Taiwan (2574 m). I can confirm that the nights were cold, our sleeping bags were not enough.

2 Likes

I miss @jimipresley . I hope he’s doing well.

Guy

3 Likes

Yeah, I was in Yellowstone camping in august on a 100F day. Froze that night in the tent. Cold up yonder.