Where can a find a reliable bedbug exterminator?

So I think I have bedbugs in my new house. :cry:

Has anyone ever had this problem in Taipei, and can you recommend a reliable pest control person?

Iā€™ve been through bedbug hell before, so please spare me any well-intentioned but naive advice about putting a special kind on bean leaf around my bed, or similar. I may scream.

I havenā€™t had this problem before. I did once end up with psocids (book lice), after buying books from that Shi Da Lucky book store (the one that sells all the Chinese learning materials on Heping road). I didnā€™t know what they were at first, or even know that they lived on the glue that binds books. I just saw these tiny things craw around the wall. The more I squished, the more they seemed to come back. I thought they were bedbugs (I was very wrong), they didnā€™t bite.

In the process of identifying the psocids and all that, I read quite a bit of stuff about bed bugs, and would strongly recommend just moving out of the building and renting somewhere else (if you can). The building may be infested, or they might be coming from a neighbor. If thatā€™s the case then even if you get an exterminator, they could just keep coming back.

[quote=ā€œKatesbyā€]So I think I have bedbugs in my new house. :cry:

Has anyone ever had this problem in Taipei, and can you recommend a reliable pest control person?

Iā€™ve been through bedbug hell before, so please spare me any well-intentioned but naive advice about putting a special kind on bean leaf around my bed, or similar. I may scream.[/quote]

May I ask, can you see the bedbugs when you look at the mattress.
They are large enough to be seen, if you cant see them it might be fleas, i had that before.

Probably not bedbugs, probably fleas or mosquitoes or something else. You should air out your bedding in the sun and/or wash and dry clean your blankets to start.

Did you ever find a good answer to this question? Thanks!

It looks like a hit and run question. I noticed that I replied but got no reply from OP.