Where can a gentleman get his beard trimmed?

I don’t want to use trimmers; instead, I’d like to get my beard trimmed at a salon so it looks amazing. Any recommendations?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for beard products, like beard oil?

1 Like

Surely the answer is “nowhere” at the moment, since AFAIK you’re not allowed to take your mask off on commercial premises.

There used to be an upmarket place in Tianmu that catered to the bearded barbarians; I’ve forgotten what it’s called. All I can remember about it was that a glass of Scotch was part of the service. Perhaps that will ring a bell for other members here.

1 Like

Following this thread with great interest.

Craftsmanship Barber Shop 英倫紳士理髮店 大安店

No. 156號, Section 2, Keelung Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
02 2732 5299 Craftsmanship Barber Shop 英倫紳士理髮店 大安店 - Google Search

2 Likes

Maybe try a ‘waxing’ place, like Brazilian.

1 Like

The barber.

I don’t have the fullest beard but this place did a pretty good job before:
好男人理容院 - BestMan Barbershop 師大總舵
https://g.page/bestman2?share

You can ask for Luke and tell him Frank recommended you.

2 Likes

He wants it trimmed, not ripped out from the roots so that his face is left as smooth as a baby’s bum.

Don’t you think these places have ‘shavers’?

Possibly, though I have never been to such an establishment.

@icon’s gonna stalk you now @forformosa :rofl: That’s where she goes to ogle the hairy dudes.
Jokes.

1 Like

Craftmanship was decent. Happily, seems like they have survived the lockdown.

Great minds think alike.

1 Like

Thanks, friends! I’m looking forward to making a reservation.

1 Like

Feel free to post pictures of the results. :smiley:

Back in 2018-2019, i used to go here for my beard trims and hair cuts

The Heritage & Barber 英倫紳士理髮店 大稻埕店
+886 2 2556 8119

1 Like

They are great. I have followed one of their alumni, Owen, over to his new place here…

醉漢理髮店The Valley Barbershop

No. 2號, Lane 163, Zhangchun Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 104
02 2502 5009 醉漢理髮店The Valley Barbershop - Google Search

I recommend either though.

2 Likes

Just an update. I tried BestMan and while they did a decent job, I did ask in advance for an English speaking barber and they didn’t have one available when I turned up. I know we live in Taiwan and really should be able to communicate im Chinese what I want but I couldn’t quite convey fully my needs.

The Heritage and Barber on the other hand were great! The barber, Myah, spoke native-level English and was so thorough and meticulous that I was left impressed. Highly recommend it!

Edited to add: Heritage & Barber really take the time to make sure the final result complements your face shape, and they provide excellent advice about maintaining your beard in between visits.

3 Likes

I get them from here.

http://www.sculptorbarber.com/