Where can an MBA search for jobs ($$$) in Taipei?

Looking for resources (and advice) for an English speaking 37-year old ex-pat (very little Mandarin) MBA from the states on where to search for a mid to upper management, career-level job in Taipei area. Experienced in commercial real estate management and investigations but not interested in teaching English (sorry).

Any suggestions on good web sites or other offline resources to locate a position with either a local or international firm?

Well, if you have experience in real estate management and renting services, then you can always try people such as Jones lang Lasalle or what they are called, end similar companies.

They might require that you either speak or learn mandarin, though.

How is your business school ranked?
Do you have an alumni network?
Are you already in Taiwan, or still thinking of relocating?

As for finding a particular position, remember that guanxi (connections) are everything.

This may or may not be true, but I heard from an MBA in Taiwan that Taiwan has more Ph.D’s per square mile (China World Journal?) and there are a lack of jobs.

It might be hard…

[quote=“Chun Li”]This may or may not be true, but I heard from an MBA in Taiwan that Taiwan has more Ph.D’s per square mile (China World Journal?) and there are a lack of jobs.

It might be hard…[/quote]

I have heard that the earth is square…

I arrived in 2000 with zero skils - and got a NT$100k/m job as a financial analyst, mainly on the merit of being white. A disgruntled ABC will not get an offer like that.

That depends on if the disgruntled ABC has experience and qualifications in finance.

Hmmmmm - not at that place, where an ABC would get less than the white/black boys.

Well, then good for you. Seems like you found one place where you can turn the tables finally.

Naah, the sentiment can be found in a few stock brokers in Taiwan.

To get a foot into the local real estated market you need mighty guanxi, let me tell you. In the south at least. Plus, once you have reached a certain size, politicians and brothers will be knocking on your door.
But, maybe that’s different in Taipei?