Where can I buy an African grey parrot?

Precious parrots pet shop
No. 85, Section 6, Roosevelt Rd, Wenshan District, Taipei City

I just prefer cats. Keeps my house critter free.

5 Likes

I like cats too, but my landlord does not allow cats or dogs

Pretty sure if your landlord says no dogs or cats they will really not like parrots who won’t shut up at 3am and still poops like crazy.

Also another reason why I think it’s better to live in one of those run down looking properties… most landlords of those properties don’t care what you do in it.

3 Likes

One of the South African white rhino at the old Taipei zoo used to have a guard shack right in front of their habitat

And the soldiers will call him
And he would rumble over like a tank so he can get his head petted

You can reach over when he’s that close
And pat his head

Was fun
I did that when the soldier called him over

Animals like
Attention

3 Likes

Nice poem

1 Like

Not sure my cats would know what to do with a mouse

1 Like

Reminds me of the time Peugeot in Taiwan offered as a promotion a genuine Rolex watch with every purchase of a Peugeot 305 .

The cars are long gone but bet the owners still have their rolexes

2 Likes

I remember seeing a show where a pet psychologist went into a home where the owner of a parrot had died and gradually repair the mental damage the bird was in. It had plucked its feathers out, wasn’t eating, and attacking the wife of the deceased. It took months to get some normality back. Leave those birds in the forests.

4 Likes

Well if they are captive bred they can’t be released
They would die

1 Like

There are wild parrot populations in London dating back to the 60s

1 Like

There are parrots in the UK now. I heard some last week. Loud buggers. I have yet to see them, but people tell me I will see some soon.
Rumours are Jimi Hendrix started it in the 60s letting some free to breed and spread over the country.

Other rumors say it was birds released from the set of ‘the African queen’