Where can I buy an English Wii or

Anyone know where I can get a wii with English menus etc?
My wife was watching the news a few weeks ago and saw some dude talking about how he can “convert” Japanese ones so they have the full English menus. Of course she can’t remember his name, where he works or what city he was in but it was Taiwan of that she is sure! So is this possible and if so has anyone heard of it? If it’s all balls then does anyone have any ideas for getting one? Importing from UK was one idea but I was advised that this may be too much hassle as the tv here probably won’t work with it. NTSC PAL and all that jazz.

Get a North American Wii. NTSC, English menus, and no worries about voltage.

Can I get a North american Wii here? Do you have one?

oops forgot to say thanks to merge

Hi Irishmoe - I have a US Wii and we play it constantly. I bought mine on eBay and had it shipped to us out here. You can check the local Yahoo auctions, as they have some US versions show up from time to time there as well. Play Asia also sells US versions, but they charge a hefty mark-up.

[quote=“merge”]Hi Irishmoe - I have a US Wii and we play it constantly. I bought mine on eBay and had it shipped to us out here. You can check the local Yahoo auctions, as they have some US versions show up from time to time there as well. Play Asia also sells US versions, but they charge a hefty mark-up.[/quote]so is this the only option available to me?

That’s 3 different options, actually.
Or you could just go to the Gongua computer market and pick one up there.

[quote=“Josefus”]That’s 3 different options, actually.
Or you could just go to the Gongua computer market and pick one up there.[/quote]Thanks for the tip… can I get an English version there?
I know it was mentioned in another post before that you can get them there for about 8-9,000nt but I presumed they were all Japanese versions?!?!?

You’ll be able to find one there if you ask around.
It’ll cost you more than the easy to find Japanese version though.

Nice one Josefus. I’ll be popping down there over the New year to get myself sorted. Can’t wait to get one!

Cheers

Can you update us…Did you get an English wii in Taiwan?

Does anyone know where I can get one in Kaohsiung?

My friend is coming from the States at the end of May, and I think he’s bringing me a Wii. I asked him back around Christmas to get me one, but now I don’t think I’ll have the time to make it worth the purchase. If you’re looking for a Wii from the States, PM me and we can discuss.

Oh just wondering, i think it’s easier to mod in taiwan…but i’ll be home next month anyways. thanks.