Where can I buy SUET in Taipei?

Since Jason’s Market seems to have no jars of pre-prepared Christmas mincemeat, I am planning to make my own. Anyone know where I can buy suet? Cheers!

I’ve looked for years. Never ever seen it. Atora shredded beef suet. For skirlie, mainly is what I want it for, although just last week I saw a recipe for a venison and ale pudding that looks bloody amazing.

Apparently you can use butter.

Or if feeling adventurous:

dailymail.co.uk/coffeebreak/ … index.html

Doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. Think I’d go with the butter.

I’ve tried butter for both skirlie and pudding crust, but it doesn’t even come close.

My family always made our own mincemeat. Mom always called the beef fat chunks that she got from the butcher, suet. I understand that may not be the correct term but the chunks of fat were ground with the venison neck meat that she used for the filling and correct term or not, I sure liked it. Big chunks of beef fat might be difficult to find but not impossible. Certainly pork fat is plentiful but I don’t know if it would change the tast too much. Although venison is possible to find here, I have often wondered about using the lean slabs of beef that look like briscuit that I see at RT mart.
Let us know how your attempt comes out.

I did see jars of mincemeat there today, btw – Jason’s in 101.

First catch your cow…

You can make your own cow, you know. :stuck_out_tongue: