Where can I exchange AUD$100 note with some writing on the f

Hi everyone,

I have a AUD$100 bill in my wallet.

I went into Megabank to change some of my AUD into NTD and they told me that they could not change this bill as it has a small amount of writing on the front.

I have never come across this before and find it absurd :astonished: . Someone has written $5000 in red pen across the queen’s head in very small writing. It was probably a pesky bank clerk.

So if MegaBank won’t touch this where can I take it? Does anyone know of a bank that will?
Can I pay a fee to get rid of this as it is worth about NT$3000 :smiley:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

[quote=“Milkybar_Kid”]Hi everyone,

I have a AUD$100 bill in my wallet.

I went into Megabank to change some of my AUD into NTD and they told me that they could not change this bill as it has a small amount of writing on the front.

I have never come across this before and find it absurd :astonished: . Someone has written $5000 in red pen across the queen’s head in very small writing. It was probably a pesky bank clerk.

So if MegaBank won’t touch this where can I take it? Does anyone know of a bank that will?
Can I pay a fee to get rid of this as it is worth about NT$3000 :smiley:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

I’ll give you $1000NT for it. :roflmao:

The other day, I had a 10NT coin that was beaten up a bit but not misshapen in anyway and the 7-11 manager rejected it. WTF?

The Bank of Taiwan is where people go if you they old/beat-up NT$ they need to exchange. So perhaps they’re more forgiving with foreign currency as well.

Perhaps you can find an Aussie or someone who is planning to go to Australia soon and exchange it with them?

Banks are particular about accepting foreign currency they view as damaged in some way. I had the same happen with a CAD$100 bill recently. It had a small tear in it and they refused it, claiming customers won’t want it when they buy foreign currency. In my own case, I was able to do a home repair on the bill that made it pass muster next time I took it in. Not sure if there is some thing you can do to erase the writing or otherwise fade it. You can always try again at another bank or teller on another day. Failing in that, perhaps the airport currency exchanges are less stringent. If all else fails, try to sell it to someone taking a trip to Australia, send it home and ask a relative to send a newer bill or simply hold onto it until you take another trip home.

The banks are pretty stringent. When I got to the airport teller last time he wouldnt take quite a few of my hundred dolllar bills because they were a bit older. I had to fish around for other bills he would take.

Used to be people went to the jewelry stores near the Main Station and bought and sold foreign currency. Maybe they still do that? They used to offer good rates.

Barring that you could change it in HK next time you go. The money changers there are more used to all sorts of currency?