Where can I find a dentist who tries to save rather than pull teeth?

For hospitals, I usually just rock up immediately before (or sometimes after) the clinic cutoff for that period — unless I’m in the first 10 or so numbers or expecting to need something time-consuming like an X-ray, I don’t make any effort to be there for when my number is first called. I find this usually cuts down on the waiting time for me.

If OP is in Taipei, this dental clinic has a good reputation in a cosseted neighborhood filled with picky people. Might not be cheap.

Yeah, it’s why I suggested above that OP should clarify where they are and look at the other threads. Somebody here previously recommended to me one close to there in Zhongzheng district, which I went to and it was totally fine.

I can’t imagine there are too many dentists in urban Taiwan nowadays that routinely choose to extract teeth rather than perform simple fillings (for adults at least). All of the ones I’ve been to have been quite conservative, just talking me through the options and their recommendations and letting me decide.

IIRC, one or two of them did suggest an implant for the tooth I needed to have removed, but when I said “I’m not paying that” (NT$30k? NT$100k? I forget), it was totally fine and the end of that conversation.

1 Like

Totally. Though I find most of the time they jump numbers, it’s rarely in order. I have been say 65 and get called in at 9.30. Or been 6 and waited 2 hours. For me at least, if im going to a doctor its important enough to wait. I avoid showing up, especially to dentists, within an hour of their lunch break or end of the day. Basic human norms, the service becomes total dog shit. And i want actual proper professionalism if im spending the time to head in there.

Another trick, although more expensive, is go to ER, they can circumvent loads of waiting if it’s indeed urgent. Key point, make sure it’s urgent. I do this in accidents/emergencjes/problems that can spread and need to be checked now. Sometimes the wait times in my area is up to a week just to see the doctor, nevermind fix the problem.

1 Like

I am in the SungShan area.

I went there regularly in the past, they were good for a time and I think I even recommended them on here more than once, then something changed. I had a couple of what I consider really bad experiences that left issues I’m still trying to get fixed elsewhere, I would never go back or recommend them to anyone again.

The waiting room is fancy but they’re a normal NHI dentist, no extra costs. When they got busy they used a chair that was basically at the end of a short corridor from the waiting area, even less privacy than the old school dentist chair in the window style!