Where can I find a metal detector?

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy a metal detector. As in one for metal detecting, rather than a security style one–which is what tends to show up when I search Taiwan stores online.

I’d quite fancy getting one and giving it a shot somewhere on a weekend. Whether an actual store selling them or online is fine–preferably in Taiwan if online because I fancy doing it during the Chinese New Year break and delivering from abroad might not arrive.

Cheers

Sure…

Enjoy finding soda pull tabs… from 30 years ago. They have almost the same signature as gold.

Also in Taiwan it’s not really “finders keepers”, and if you do find a brick of gold someone dropped you better be turning it over to the police so they can find out who dropped it, or else you’re looking at a theft charge.

1 Like

Not a big deal. You go to the police station and fill out a form. If nobody claims it after a month or so, police calls you. Then you can pick it up from the station and it is legally yours.

1 Like

Cheers

That’s a low price, so not expecting it to be great, but it’ll do.

It’s not so much gold I’m interested in as old coins and interesting items. I found an abandoned, overgrown run-down, old Chinese-style mansion/house on a hike in the hills a few weeks ago and figure it might be a decent spot to give it a try.

Never know whether there’s anything cool in the undergrowth or in the ground.

Hey, did you ever buy that metal detector? If so, which one and how did it go?