Where can I find Dunkin' Donut-style Doughnuts?!

I’m really looking for a real doughnut shop. I’m getting tired of the “normal” type ones and would love to find some Dunkin’ Donuts!

Anyone know of any shops selling such stuff?

If I knew that, I’d be 5kgs heavier than I am now. :laughing: I know there used to be a Dunkin’ Donuts on the 2nd Floor of the new train station, but that was a while ago.

Closest DD I know of is in Bangkok! I do remember there was one in Tien Mu b[/b], Jungshan N, about oh, maybe ten years ago…but there were Wendy’s here until recently, and Mars bars and Planters Cheeseballs were plentiful a while back as well…think some things just don’t appeal to the Chinese palate, really.

I have, however, seen a donut shop somewhere in the vicinity of Da-an and Ren-ai. Don’t know if it’s still there.
You’ll probably have to make do with those awful spongey sugared ones they sell on the street.

Or get a sugar and fat transfusion at Saint Cinnamon.
yum.

Btw, if you consider that one can easily cram three or four of these down the gullet with a cup of coffee, here’s the nutritional content for ONE plain DD, and be glad that Bangkok is a three hour flight:

Dunkin’ Donut
Serving Size: 1 donut
Calories: 240
Calories from Fat: 130
Protein: 3g
Total Carbohydrates: 25g
Sugars: 6g
Vitamin A: 0
Vitamin B: 0
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total Dietary Fiber: Less than 1g
Iron: 2
Calcium: 2
Sodium: 340mg

[quote]I have, however, seen a donut shop somewhere in the vicinity of Da-an and Ren-ai. Don’t know if it’s still there.
[/quote]

yes, just inside the lane immediately south of the library. cycled past it at the weekend.

That’s Ankiss Donuts you’re thinking of. They’re all closed, but for some reason their signs are still up and lit. They had half-decent donuts, nothing special. The last Mister Donuts left around ten years ago I believe. The closet Dunkin Donuts I know of is in downtown Manila. I suppose that ‘kind’ of sweet is not terribly popular among Chinese people. Still, I wouldn’t mind seeing someone give a DD franchise another shot here. That’s what someone did with Subway, and that’s worked out pretty well.

There is another Dunkin Donuts in Beijing on Wang Fu Xing Da Jie (or something like that …), close to the Holiday Inn on the same road (note there are at least two HI in Beijing).
Made a good breakfast place when I staid there …

Actually I don’t fancy DD anymore, as well most of the DD shops in Malaysia I used to know closed down due to lack of business (is this = lack of taste?). :?

Today I am more into bagels …

now we should have (another?) thread about how far away the closest decent bagels are…
:cry:

i just got back from seoul. not only do they have dunkin donuts, my hotel was right next to a cinnabon. :frowning: i heard there’s a dairy queen in the airport, as well, though i didn’t have time to search for it when i was there.

as for bagels, there’s an au bon pain in warner village. when i worked in nyc, i used to grab a bagel from the au bon pain that was at the bottom of our building each morning on the way to work. haven’t tried the bagels at the one here yet, but if it’s anything like the ones from the au bon pain’s on the east coast, it would beat the socks off any bagels i’ve ever had in california.

After growing up on DD in the USA, I now am more partial to Mister Donuts in Japan. Not nearly as sickeningly sweet. Like to go once a day for coffee donuts and a smoke or two when in Japan.

A list of countries where Dunkin Dunuts has invested can be found here: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/regions/international/global_presence.jsp

Oddly enough, even Hong Kong and Shanghai appear not to have one. Is DD Sinophobic?

[quote=“monkey”]
Oddly enough, even Hong Kong and Shanghai appear not to have one. Is DD Sinophobic?[/quote]

There definitely is at least one Dunkin Donuts in Shanghai. We used to buy donuts there after shopping on the most famous gifts and clothes market. It’s just opposite. As far as I know, it’s still there.

Iris