Where can I find Harry Potter 7? (no spoilers please)

So where can I find it on Friday during midnight ??! Maybe the 24hr Eslite? Does anyone know?

[color=green]
Note to all from the Moderator: As a basic courtesy to others, please do not divulge key plot surprises (spoilers) without advanced warning. Note also that discussion of the contents belong in a separate thread in A&E. This thread pertains merely to where to buy the book. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. – DB, WCIF Mod.
[/color]

Note 2: moved to A&E from WCIF.

You find it at the time. That would mean it would be released here before it is in the USA, the publishers are being very tight about its release, they won’t even send it to my supplier, only directly to me, after I sign a long agreement saying I will keep it under lock and key, and they will only send it to me the day before it’s released, and it would take 2 or 3 days just to get shipped to Taiwan.

So what I’m saying is, give it a bit longer to get here.

Including the relevant information sought by the OP. Way to go, DB.
OP, really, there’s a free magic breakfast at the Dunhua Eslite if you’re one of the first 100 buyers.
Oh, and Hagrid gets a nasty STD.

Alright, breakfast sounds fun! But my point is, when will Harry Potter be in stock? Midnight? 7 am? 8 am? 9 am? :unamused:

7am July 21 (Saturday). You can thank your kindly moderator for removing that information earlier. Malfoy comes out of the closet in this one. Turns out he’s been getting fiddled with by Snape ever since he was 11.

Alright, thanks for the info. I guess it makes sense, as 7 am Taiwan time is 00:00 in the UK :open_mouth: Anyone else gonna be there :P?

Fuck no. Free breakfast or not. I can’t even see clearly at that time of day, let alone have the patience to deal with crowds without brandishing my umbrella violently at anyone who doesn’t give me enough elbow room. I’ll be in the brunch crowd - you know - 5pm. No rush to get it early on Saturday since I’ll probably have finished it by the time Monday morning rolls around anyways.

Damn you people! Gimme my Spanish version! Gawd, what — another 6 months? :raspberry:

Just go to Costco…Always have it (at the same time) and nobody thinks to look there. They open at 10am. Just go to their open book pile and they’ll have 20 copies just sitting there.

Just don’t buy the last one…It’s mine.

I doubt they’ll run out at PageOne and I think the vast majority of kids here read the Americanized versions anyways so no worries about the Bloomsbery one being out of stock the first day. If they are out of stock, I’ll send an email off to one of my students to lend me their copy for a few days.

I’d go to Costco, but they have that thing where they don’t let you in for even a lookie-loo unless you’ve got a card thingie.

Besides, after working…ahem, after teaching for 40 hours between 8:30am until 7:30 pm most days (plus all of the unpaid, post-class time I spend prepping - today I stayed for only 3 hours after class, though) I try not to be conscious before 1pm on the weekends if I can help it. Costco would undoubtably be out of stock by the time I hit the shower and got presentable enough to be seen by the general public. Hell, they would probably be closed for the night by then.

No sir. I’ll be getting my copy at PageOne around dinner hours for normal folks and brunch time for ImaniOU. As I said, I’ll have it finished by Monday morning no matter what, this in spite of the fact that I am currently reading Collapse by Jared Diamond, The Schools Our Children Deserve by Alfie Kohn, and a teaching resource book on improving the efficacy of students’ learning vocabulary - the first book at bedtime and when I wake, the second during lunch and dinner, and the third during breaks and while supervising naptime at school.

I just hope she put a little more effort into this one than the last one. What a letdown the Half-Blood Prince was after how good the fifth book was.

I already pre-ordered mine at Eslite and will just go pick it up Saturday when they call me. :slight_smile: And yeah, it will be finished by Sunday evening!

[color=green]
Note to all from the Moderator: As a basic courtesy to others, please do not divulge key plot surprises (spoilers) without advanced warning (e.g., “SPOILERS WARNING” at the top of your thread or post"). Note also that discussion of the contents belong in a separate thread in A&E. This thread pertains merely to where to buy the book. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. – DB, WCIF Mod.
[/color]

[quote=“Dragonbones”][color=green]
Note to all from the Moderator: As a basic courtesy to others, please do not divulge key plot surprises (spoilers) without advanced warning (e.g., “SPOILERS WARNING” at the top of your thread or post"). Note also that discussion of the contents belong in a separate thread in A&E. This thread pertains merely to where to buy the book. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. – DB, WCIF Mod.
[/color][/quote]

So this is not the place to tell people I appear in a special limited edition this book disguised as a motorised flapjack and all Harry’s lines are written in Sanskrit?

Forgive me… I have said too much. But pm me if you are interested.

Do they still have ‘English English’ and bastardised English versions?

How can I tell which is which without having to open it and look for misspellings of the word ‘colour’?

Brian

Book has already been leaked on the internets. Someone took pictures of each page and posted them on a BT. Fun fun fun fun. Wasn’t this supposed to be the one that doesn’t get leaked?

I preordered mine from yesasia…I think. Some online store that ships to Taiwan cheap, anyway. I just don’t know when it will ship here!!!

I have not read a single word of any HP book or seen any of the movies. Nor do I know what Snape is. Have I missed anything?

WooHoo! I should be charging money for this! More than 80 Flubbers are now the happy owners of most of the book. As per the deal, they will ALL be posting spoilers here. Not me though. Oh, no, I’ve learned MY lesson.
No more orders taken, btw. I have to go empty my PM inbox.

Got an email from Caves. They are offering the book for 560 NTs, and they have British English version for kids, BE for adults, and US version. Can be ordered online, no more than 2 books per person.

Awww man. Thanks! You just took all the fun outta shopping for the book. Wanker!