Where can I find Harry Potter 7? (no spoilers please)

Dear Toe,

If your idea of fun is getting up at 4am to stand in line with 500 other people somewhere, well, be my guest. Dawn air is nice for our complexion.

I am too lazy for that, especially on a Saturday -as you can see by the time I am posting this, all the fun is over. So, how was it? Haven’t seen the news. Any craziness like over the eco-bags?

By the way, it is Ms. not man or whatever equivalent of the w-word NOT.

Eslite said they would call when the book was in. They have not called (why am I not surprised?). I didn’t feel like going into town from Danshui this morning, so I decided to wait until this evening, when it might be marginally cooler. I will be extremely unhappy if I get there and they have no book for me!

Besides, standing in line with 500 other people doesn’t appeal to me, either, unless it’s for a Wu Bai & China Blue concert. :slight_smile:

Absolutely brilliant book. I think it is Rowling’s best ever. I finished it about 30 minutes ago and I loved, loved, loved it!

Selling it?

It was an excellent book. I do hope she’ll keep writing stories about the same wizarding world.

They have them in stock in Page One, in Times Square, Causeway Bay.

I don’t understand the whole standing in line thing. I walked into the neighborhood bookstore at 10am on Saturday and walked out 5 minutes later with a copy. I don’t think I missed out much by getting it 3 hours later than everyone else.

Eslite underneath the Main Railway Station had some on Sunday. So ok, it was quicker than I thought, if only the movie and game comapanies could learn about “Worldwide Releases”…

It’s most interesting to hear that a book like Harry Potter could be described as “absolutely brilliant.”

To my surprise, they even had the book at my Carrefour - near Tamshui - this afternoon, so it doesn’t look like it’s that hard to find.

It’s most interesting to hear that a book like Harry Potter could be described as “absolutely brilliant.”[/quote]

much?

At any rate, I’ll be ready to sell my copy sometime next week after I revisit my favorite scenes, particularly the chapter “The Prince’s Tale” and the final showdown. They were very well done in regards to the characters’ development throughout the series, and the former made me cry. And characters in the battle scenes were equally funny, like Sybil Trelawney and Molly Weasley.

Mind you, there will be a $1000 mark up for making me get up at the crack of noon to go get it.

ImaniOU, I keep misreading your signature as “Ru Paul in 2008!”, which, as I think about it, might not be such a bad idea. :slight_smile:

Yeah, and cheaper than the pre-order at Eslite. I’m such a dodo; I live in Zhuwei, and I went all the way into Taipei Saturday for the stupid book instead of a short walk to Carrefour (never even entered my mind that they’d have it). Ah well, at least I got to eat Coldstone ice cream, so it was kinda worth it.