Where can I find Lego?

Star Wars AND Lego! Bonus! Double nerd points!

Happy Christmas, Stu.

:smiley:

Great thread. Thanks for starting it, Irish Stu.

My son is also crazy about all things Lego. We usually stop by the toy store in the basement of Taipei 101, next to the food court. It is near the McDonald’s there, and I think it is called Toyland. They have a pretty good selection of Lego there, but I think the sets are seasonal. I didn’t see any of the Star Wars sets there–once a certain series has been sold, it’s gone. As others have suggested, you may have to go online to get the Star Wars sets.

There is also a Toyland up on the fifth/sixth (?) floor of the Eslite building. A bit smaller, and not as much of a selection.

Toys R Us is also worth checking out.

And thanks, cranky laowai, for the map showing the location of the Lego store in Tianmu. We will definitely be checking this store out this weekend!

Please let us know if you are able to get the Lego Star Wars sets, Irish Stu. My son is looking forward to the next series of mini-figures (series 3), which will be available in January 2011.

Again, thanks for all the info. Seems there are a lot of places I need to visit.

As for the landspeeder, I managed to win on on ebay at 5:55 this morning (yeah, that’s right… A.M.) I do believe that’s the first time I’ve ever been up that early. So anyway, please don’t be wasting any time looking for one for me.

Urodacus, that’s exactly how I felt when Lego Star Wars first came out. Lego AND Star Wars- almost too good to be true. Actually the price kinda does make it too good to be true, but apart from that, it is indeed a dream come true.

There are Lego sets in the toy store on 7F at the Tianmu Sogo. Just for future reference.

My son goes there for a Lego classes each Sunday.
They are very cool classes which encourage kids to be creative, yet using skills and technical knowledge provided by the instructors/teachers.
The classes vary in technical degree depending on age and ability. I have seen some of the more advanced classes too, which are verging on robotic engineering.
Its a great store indeed.
It is very well stocked with a lot of Star Wars as well as most other modern Lego themes.

It is only open on Sundays for classes I think, but is open most other days.

Now that is a brilliant idea for Taiwan kids.

Now that is a brilliant idea for Taiwan kids.[/quote]

For any kids for that matter. I was jolly impressed.

By the way I meant that Sundays are open only for classes I think. There are classes on other days too.

Loved my Lego when I was a kid. Seems like one of those essentials of childhood. Pretty pricey nowadays though.

Wish there were Lego classes for adults. :frowning:

it’s pricey here but you can keep it forever…

I’ve seen some lego stuff in the toy stores near Tai Yuan street near Taipei Main stationish area. Didn’t look that closely.

Thanks all. I’m also interested in any places selling knock-off Lego. Like I said, some of the brands are actually extremely good (if you know what you’re looking for), such as “Kazi” and “Enlighten”.

The place I’ve been to that has some great stuff is called “PIPI TOY’S” and it’s in Taipei City Mall (address says B1-50 I think). They have some good stuff, but I’d also like to find other places. I’m especially interested in “Enlighten” train sets.

canucktyuktuk, could you help pinpoint where those shops are? Maybe on Google Maps or something?

Thanks.

OKay! Try this: maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= … =UTF8&z=18

I think that’s how to do it… Just walk around there a bit. There are a few toy shops that have some stuff.

A word of warning to those who don’t recognize the Hanzi: Google Maps’ Pinyin sucks. The intersection is at Chang’an West Road, not “Zhangan.”

Thanks, both!

Went by Pipi’s today, some interesting stuff there. the store i was talking about didn’t have nearly as much

[quote=“irishstu”]Thanks all. I’m also interested in any places selling knock-off Lego. Like I said, some of the brands are actually extremely good (if you know what you’re looking for), such as “Kazi” and “Enlighten”.

The place I’ve been to that has some great stuff is called “PIPI TOY’S” and it’s in Taipei City Mall (address says B1-50 I think). They have some good stuff, but I’d also like to find other places. I’m especially interested in “Enlighten” train sets.

canucktyuktuk, could you help pinpoint where those shops are? Maybe on Google Maps or something?

Thanks.[/quote]

A store with a lot of Sluban fake lego way down near restaurants on [strike]north[/strike] south side of TCM, right near harp place. Looked pretty cool.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“irishstu”]Thanks all. I’m also interested in any places selling knock-off Lego. Like I said, some of the brands are actually extremely good (if you know what you’re looking for), such as “Kazi” and “Enlighten”.

Thanks.[/quote]

A store with a lot of Sluban fake lego way down near restaurants on north side of TCM, right near harp place. Looked pretty cool.[/quote]

Thanks, TG. I assume this wasn’t Pipi Toys, was it? That’s pretty much its exact location too.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote]
A store with a lot of Sluban fake lego way down near restaurants on [strike]north[/strike] side of TCM, right near harp place. Looked pretty cool.[/quote]

Thanks, TG. I assume this wasn’t Pipi Toys, was it? That’s pretty much its exact location too.[/quote]

Nope, not Pipi’s. This one is on the south side :blush:

It’s “Toy Park,” that branch is still there, but the flegos have now been moved to the branch in one side of the old Indian toy shop.