Where can I find Minoxidil/Finasteride/Rogaine (and whitening toothpaste)?

I’m trying to grow my sideburns, I have a thick beard and mustache but somehow my cheeks only grow super soft hair. So on reddit I found out about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minoxbeards/ and I want to try. I also need a dermaroller.

And I heard American toothpaste has whitening/bleaching properties. Is that true and if it is, do they sell them in Taiwan? If it’s not true, how do you bleach your teeth at home without spending thousands of dollars at the dentist?

baking soda?

I think Minoxidil is OTC in Taiwan. Finasteride is most likely not, but a pharmacy might sell it to you if you ask.

Jesus. I read Minoxidil Toothpaste and was thinking ‘what kind of a freak is this?’

I buy Minoxidil off this website: uscshopping.net

The patent for Minoxidil is still held by Rogaine in Taiwan, so Kirkland Minoxidil is not allowed to be sold here. The website ships it from the States. Very reliable.

1 Like

Finasteride is (practically?) OTC. Simply visit a few pharmacies to find one that carries the ultra affordable local brands.

I’ve been using “Finta F.C. tablets” since 2008, without problems. Typically below 150NT per 30pcs if I remember correctly, which lasts around 2 months (~1/3 tablet per day, but I normally just bite one in half)

http://www.nangkuang.com.tw/?route=product/product&product_id=156

2 Likes

I think Finasteride technically requires a prescription, but I’ve also never had an issue just asking for it at the pharmacy (in Hschinchu and Kaohsiung). Also dirt cheap (I don’t remember exactly how much, but $150 for 30pcs sounds about right)

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

[quote=“Lao_Wang, post:4, topic:191638, full:true”]The patent for Minoxidil is still held by Rogaine in Taiwan, so Kirkland Minoxidil is not allowed to be sold here.
[/quote]

Sorry I’m kinda confused, is Rogaine the name of the medicine, of the name of the brand?

Minoxidil is the medicine in Rogaine. Rogaine is a brand name, there are other medications using minoxidil as well. They are OTC in Taiwan. As I’ve said, finasteride is probably not but most pharmacies will sell it to you if you ask nicely.

You can probably find it in a supermarket like Carrefour.

Don’t use too much because you’re in a hurry to grow your beard. Possible side effects from overusing:

• Dizziness
  • Lightheadedness
  • Fainting
  • Irregular heartbeat
  • Chest pain
  • Headaches
  • Flushing
  • Blurred or altered vision
  • Numbness of the face, hands, and feet
  • Swelling of the face, hands, feet, and legs
  • Rapid weight gain

I got some Finasteride today and some hair thinning shampoo. Hopefully I can return to my youth ASAP!

edit; I mean thinning hair shampoo lol

3 Likes

loool I was shocked for a second, I thought you were being sarcastic.

Where did you buy them & what’s the name of the shampoo?

Sorry for late reply i didnt notice this - i got it from some tiny pharamcy in yilan, the shampoo is Nizoral which is pretty good so far

I heard finasteride can do weird things to you… like destroy your sex drive.

It can. Not for everyone though :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Well it’s a conundrum. Take finasteride because you want hair so you can attract mates, but it effectively make you not to want to have sex…

1 Like

On Roosevelt road near Across street from taipower building you can get propeciA without Rx

Address?

Tough choice, grow hair or grow fat!

NOT encouraging self medication! Finasteride can have side effects, for example lost libido and others.

Report on my latest hunt for Finasteride, in this case in east Taipei:

The Taiwanese N.K. FINTA brand is still the cheapest I’ve found recently. It can be found at 210NTD for 30*5mg tablets. This lasts 60-120 days if you use half to quarter. This price is at this pharmacy in Taipei-Nangang. They have to order it, it will take 2-3 days to arrive, they will call you. Other pharmacies have it in stock or can order, but prices are all over the place.

For perspective, and to simply encourage to just ask around at all pharmacies in your area: The pharmacy immediately next to the above one had this same brand on stock, but asked 270. Other pharmacies in the area asked for 240 to 400 for this brand, and 480 to 900 for other brands. (All for 30*5mg).

A few pharmacies simply said they have nothing like this, but most pharmacies either have this brand, or can order it. Note: Currently it seems thus brand is mostly not sold in the retail cardboard boxes any more, but simply in unpackaged 10 pill blisters.