Where can I find my ideal home in Taipei?

ok I saw that place and looked at a place last weekend in that area but the trouble is as I was told by someone living there that even getting to that intersection for zhonghe can be a pain in the arse!! The person I know lives on the other side of ankeng road so not sure about those communities you are talking about. Would it not be a bit of a mission getting onto Ankeng from those communities as they’re quite full of houses. My problem is the Mrs is pregnant and she wants to be able to get to our hospital in a hurry regardless of the time! But she wants the fresh air too! :wink:

Well, there’s Zhuan Zhon/Yonghe Hospital, just a skip away. Cardinal Tien, Tzu Chi on the Xindian side.

Close to the MRT station they are building, I know there are some developments there, new ones, close to the Zhuan Her hospital and on the hills, nice view, lots of trees, should be good air. It was on TV and I have a leaflet with the publicity. Doe sanyone know the area?

I agree with your wife. If I was her, I’d live next to the hospital. :smiley:

But Yonghe is precisely in the middle of things, which rules out fresh air. Sigh

Thanks for the info icon, my laptop died a few weeks ago and I’ve only got back online recently. I still haven’t found a place though :frowning:

Yesterday I saw an ad at the gon bu lan -public announcement board- for a home in Rose City, 8K, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Then there was another one close to Chichang Station, 16K, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Lemme know if you want the numbers.

I was thinking: how about Gongguan? Or the area after the Fuzhou bridge?

Thanks again icon but after another computer meltdown and seeing about 10 places that were dumps with 10 yr old photos in the ads we decided that we just can’t move right now.The baby is due very soon and it’s just easier to wait another year :cry:

So, for next year:

1. stop using that website - go to Tsui Mama, hire a Xinyi Realty or big name agent, do more area walkabouts (for which you have to decide the area first, though)

2. buy a new computer - before baby comes - you will need the precious data about insurance -foreign babies do not have NHI, for instance- and vaccines and other valuable stuff, like ecological diapers

3. do not hesitate to ask for help - one single man can do so much, so, get an army of friends, acquaintances, colleagues… everyone would be delighted to help a baby have a nice home :smiley:

Well, congratulations on the incoming bundle of joy. Get ready and share pics when you have them. :slight_smile:

Some decent places around where I live and it’s all fairly new, but I guess most of them are for sale and not for rent. The place next door is going for an insane NT$21 million…

Here’s one for rent though a bit further down the road.
rent.591.com.tw/rent-detail-557840.html

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Some decent places around where I live and it’s all fairly new, but I guess most of them are for sale and not for rent. The place next door is going for an insane NT$21 million…

rent.591.com.tw/rent-detail-557840.html[/quote]

21 does not sound insane -as a matter of fact, I think I saw a place there for 16, and it had 4 rooms. Looks really nice. The stuff I’ve seen fr 18 to 25 does not even come close…

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“TheLostSwede”]Some decent places around where I live and it’s all fairly new, but I guess most of them are for sale and not for rent. The place next door is going for an insane NT$21 million…

21 does not sound insane -as a matter of fact, I think I saw a place there for 16, and it had 4 rooms. Looks really nice. The stuff I’ve seen fr 18 to 25 does not even come close…[/quote]

Ha ha brilliant those places are in green villa 2.We went to see that exact house maybe 2 mths ago. The landlord lives in Shanghai so he told us to call the current tenant. She was pretty pissed off he gave us her number but she was very helpful. The landlord won’t budge on the rent and he didn’t repay them for having the grass laid or the ac installed so they’re taking it with them unless they decided not to pay the last two months rent which they were considering. He also told them twice they had to leave because he wanted to sell but then changed his mind soon after. I reckon they were a bit bias in their appraisal of him but there’s no smoke without fire as they say. We also saw two places in green villa 1 just down the road for 11 million so I don’t understand the 21 mill either!!

Yeah, 11 million is most likely what you’d expect to pay around here, 21 is really steep, even more so as the place is an empty shell inside with the exception of the cooking area.
It’s a pretty nice area though, with possibly for the exception of some of the neighbours, but I guess that’s life no matter where you live…
It’s also quite easy to get to and from here even if you don’t have your own mode of transportation thanks to two major and two less frequent bus routes going up the hill.
The only “bad” thing would be that you don’t have a 7-11 outside your front door and it’s 40 minutes into central Taipei on public transport…

[quote=“irishmoe”][quote=“Icon”][quote=“TheLostSwede”]Some decent places around where I live and it’s all fairly new, but I guess most of them are for sale and not for rent. The place next door is going for an insane NT$21 million…

21 does not sound insane -as a matter of fact, I think I saw a place there for 16, and it had 4 rooms. Looks really nice. The stuff I’ve seen fr 18 to 25 does not even come close…[/quote]

Ha ha brilliant those places are in green villa 2.We went to see that exact house maybe 2 mths ago. The landlord lives in Shanghai so he told us to call the current tenant. She was pretty pissed off he gave us her number but she was very helpful. The landlord won’t budge on the rent and he didn’t repay them for having the grass laid or the ac installed so they’re taking it with them unless they decided not to pay the last two months rent which they were considering. He also told them twice they had to leave because he wanted to sell but then changed his mind soon after. I reckon they were a bit bias in their appraisal of him but there’s no smoke without fire as they say. We also saw two places in green villa 1 just down the road for 11 million so I don’t understand the 21 mill either!![/quote]

:unamused:
Typical landlord/property owner. Do they really expect to hit the jackpot so easy? Or are there so many desperate souls out there? Gee is buying a house, not a pair of shoes for tonite’s ball…

Not to mention that lack of decision: rent, not rent, rent too high, don’t care about price, do care about price…