Where can i find organic food + other food problems

Have you tried Jason’s in the bottom of the 101, they sell a lot of organic stuff.
I think you’ll have a hard time finding any organic meat or seafood here though…

Searches are your friend. There are lots of threads on this topic. :bow:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Have you tried Jason’s in the bottom of the 101, they sell a lot of organic stuff.
I think you’ll have a hard time finding any organic meat or seafood here though…[/quote]

Thanks - I took a look at Jason’s but unfortunately couldn’t find exactly what I need. I will try City Super as well, as I heard they have a decent selection sometimes.

Thanks again for the reply.

Search, my boy, search. Here, let me do the work for you:

Remember Cottonfields:

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=25139

Organic meats, organic seafood, and flaxseed oil at Tanhou Organic supermarket www.thofood.com tel: 2351-6268
Bei Ping East Road, number 30. (two blocks away from Shantao Temple MRT Station)

There’s a thread on an organic supermarket in Banqiao here.

I’m told there’s a completely organic farmer’s market here, and they have among other things, organic chicken, organic eggs, some other produce like bananas, and fair trade coffee beans – and organic salad dressing. I have not been there. [color=#0000BF] They also deliver[/color], with a delivery fee of NT$100 for orders under NT$1500; they only deliver on Fridays and weekends, and it’s best to place your order a few days earlier than that. You’ll need at least a little Chinese language ability to arrange deliveries, but not much, and not if you go to the market in person.

248 Farmer’s Market Zhongxiao - Friday 14:00-20:00 Saturday 10:00-17:00 台北市忠孝東路四段248巷 Taipei, ZhongXiao E. Rd. Lane 248 7:51 PM
248 Farmer’s Market Tienmu - every Sunday 13:00-19:00 台北市士林區基河路258號HOLA和樂家居館 廣場 Taipei,Shilin, Jihe Rd. No.258 HOLA square 7:52 PM
248農學市集團隊
楊儒門:0932073980 qooj0627@gmail.com
楊儒欣:0912570449 ddmoe1@gmail.com
李建誠:0912669921 afaithlee@gmail.com
林育民:0963037931 nfarm52@yahoo.com

I recently moved to Kaohsiung and i am also wondering of there this any store that i can get organic food (vegetabls, meat, eggs, milk etc). Yesterday at Carrefour i found olive oil called BIO Huile D’Olive. Other than this nothing. Thanks a lot!

There’s a Jason’s in Gaoxiong; why don’t you try there? It’s in the 漢神百貨 Han4shen2 Bai3huo4 (dept. store), B1, No. 266-1, Chenggong 1st Rd…

Thanks Dragonbones, i will check it out!

[quote=“Icon”]Organic meats, organic seafood, and flaxseed oil at Tanhou Organic supermarket thofood.com tel: 2351-6268
Bei Ping East Road, number 30. (two blocks away from Shantao Temple MRT Station)[/quote]

Thanks, Icon – I finally made it to this shop today, very nice!

Kaohsiung also has a nice supermarket in the basement of the Hansin Arena. It is either in, or is very close to Zuoying. Try hanshinarena.com.tw/

Jasons probably has better choice but this place might be less pricey.

Back in the states i would usually go to the supermarkets or whole foods market and get bags of organic vegetables or salad mixes so i can make salad myself at home.

I do see pre-made slad boxes at 7-11 and some other places, but the portions are really small and it’s pretty expensive for the contents it holds. Does anyone happen to know a good place to buy organic ingredients to make a salad with?

This is basically a search for organic vegetables. We have numerous threads on where to find organic produce, here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/search.p … uthor=&fid=98&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I’ll merge your thread with the most general of those. Note that most supermarkets (including Wellcome, Matsusei (Songqing), Carrefour, etc.) now have a small section of 有機 organic veggies. Look for those characters. There are also small organic stores (often several) in many neighborhoods. Look for “有機” you3ji1 on the signs. There are at least four in my neighborhood of Donghu, for instance.

Did a quick search and couldnt find much on the forum so starting a thread to ask: Does Taipei have Whole Foods or an equivalent supermarket that sells organic/natural products?

We’ll from the previous posts you will have your answer, have had this question asked also just recently in the forum.

No, no Whole Foods. :doh:

We have local organic supermarkets like Tienho, Santa Cruz and others.

Yep, I noticed the thread has been merged. Going to check out two of them today. It’s been a while since the thread was started so will let you guys know if they’re still running.

Tanhou, Cottonfield etc. are all still in business; organic stores have increased in number AFAIK.

So went to two of the stores today, the supermarket just outside of exit one of the Fuzhong metro station and the Orange minimart at Banqiao station. They’re both still operating, except… no fresh, young delicious coconuts are sold in either stores. :frowning:

I recall someone mentioned a “Jason’s” by Taipei 101, so I might give that a shot next… Dragonbones - where would Tanhou and Cottonfield be located?

No, no Whole Foods. :doh:

We have local organic supermarkets like Tienho, Santa Cruz and others.[/quote]

Hello Icon, would you mind sharing where these two stores are at?