Where can i find organic food + other food problems

[quote=“syrianrue”]Back in the states I would usually go to the supermarkets or whole foods market and get bags of organic vegetables or salad mixes so i can make salad myself at home.

I do see pre-made slad boxes at 7-11 and some other places, but the portions are really small and it’s pretty expensive for the contents it holds. Does anyone happen to know a good place to buy organic ingredients to make a salad with?[/quote]
The City Supers (in the basement of the Sogo department stores near Zhishan MRT Station, and on the southwest corner of the Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station) and the Jason’s (basement of 101, and basement of the Dayeh Takeshimaya department store in Tianmu) do sell boxed (organic IIRC) salad greens: baby spinach, mixed, arugula. Not necessarily available on any given day, and about 300NT for a plastic box - not cheap, and for whatever reason the boxes seldom even last until the supposed best-by date; I usually find I need to use the spinach within a couple of days if eating it uncooked, perhaps five days if cooking.

Tianho and Santa Cruz are chains with branches all over the place. There’s a big Cottonfields branch on the east side of Roosevelt, maybe 10 minutes walk north of Gongguan Station. Note that buying typical western salad greens can be rather difficult here; I’ve pretty much given up, seeing as how my wife doesn’t even like salads, and making salads for one has resulted in lots of wilted and discarded produce.

I searched and didn’t find Leezen on this thread so here goes.

I know of two branches of this organic grocery and clothing chain run by a Buddhist organisation. The main shop is at 141-143 Nanjing East Road Section 4, and a smaller branch is on Xinglong Road near Wanfang Hospital. It’s on the same side of the road as the hospital, about 5 minutes’ walk away heading towards town. The main shop is pretty big and has a range of local and imported fresh and packaged produce, and the shop next to it sells clothing made of organic cotton. Upstairs is a cafe. I’ve only shopped in both places once or twice but the quality seems good and not too expensive.

[quote=“Petrichor”]I searched and didn’t find Leezen on this thread so here goes.

I know of two branches of this organic grocery and clothing chain run by a Buddhist organization.[/quote]
There are quite a few Leezen (里仁) branches around.

Addresses in Chinese: leezen.com.tw/big5/main2.asp
Addresses in English: leezen.com.tw/en/main2.asp