Where can I find Russians in TW?

Kinda in a pinch right now, want to find Russian people here in Taiwan to learn how to wire money to Russia.

Tried like everything I can find already, bank transfer are all blocked. my Binance hasnt worked, Qiwi is weird and I ran into issues

Even the Taiwan consulate in Moscow has no suggestions.

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Search Astoria Cafe on Forumosa

1 Like

You can’t send money to Russia.

1 Like

When the leader of russia stops playing World dictator, it should be easier. pressure the boss to stop murdering other country’s citizens?

Seems like a tough spot, very sorry for all the people affected by this nonsense caused by Russias government!

I hope you find a way, but our friends from russia are in the same spot. they have no legal route and do what they must and take the risks.

2 Likes

I sent money to a Russian with Skrill recently. Paid with credit card. No fees.

1 Like

Here is what you do. You take a pile of NTD (I have heard that NT$500,000 is a lucky amount to try), and then carry it onto a flight out of Taiwan.

Then you find a connecting flight into Russia. That part should be easy—the hard ticket to get nowadays is out of Russia.

Good luck!

Guy

No Russians there

Not very nice.

The request (to find a way to wire funds from Taiwan to Russia) is not lawful now.

Why not add extra unlawful options to the mix as this is the core concern here.

Guy

I actually didn’t realise it was illegal.

Edit. Removed link because someone said that it made their computer download something.

Here is a different one.

How do the government pay them?

3 Likes

Not sure why it would do that.

Who cares? Why should the normal people be penalized for their crazy leader?

It’s obviously still easy to send money to Russia as long as you don’t use banks. The OP didn’t try very hard.

4 Likes

Tiktok “Russians Taiwan” but yeah it’s mostly just halfway hot girls that think they’re super hot trying to get attention.

2 Likes

We need more of this. THICC THOTS will bring world peace … at least that’s what they think … why stop them.

1 Like

Give the money to me. I will pass it on to Russia, I promise. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Really? I only personally know five Russians in Taiwan but all of them are ethnic minorities and don’t fit Russian women stereotypes. Apparently they had white Russian friends before I met them, but all of them were big on the “fine people on both sides” argument for Putin’s special war, so I’ve never met any of them.

As for sending money to Russia, those Russians are sending their money to the family who fled to any number of former Soviet states, not Russia.

I guess we can call this a Special Monetary Operation.

3 Likes

Can you back that up with anything? I know Taiwan has sanctioned Russia, but I’ve only seen that applied to specific goods. At least one Russian bank has not been sanctioned by SWIFT. Although:
https://topics.amcham.com.tw/2022/05/taiwan-sanctions-in-the-wake-of-the-russia-ukraine-war/

“As a practical matter, however, we are hearing from local banks that in the meantime, they are taking deliberate steps to avoid all Russia-related business and transactions.”

Published in May, this article says the government is “observing” transactions to/from Russia.

4 Likes

Looks like you backed it up for him!

2 Likes

I used to know a couple of Russians, but they are not in Taiwan anymore. I imagine though given the current situation it may be nearly impossible for a Russian to enter Taiwan too…