Where can I find some english Montessori schools in Taipei?

Does anyone know where I could find employment in a Montessori school? I am a North American Montessori teacher. Any info would be helpfull. :slight_smile:

Lots of places call themselves “montessori” but aren’t. My children attended a place called “Taipei Montessori Garden” in a Lane off An He rd. for a while and they employed a westerner to teach english - but not as a full-time teacher, just english lessons that were added for older children. PM me for contact number.

Absolutely agree there. Tons of schools claim to be montessori because it’s well-known. Have you thought of looking into one of the international schools’ pre-K programs like at TBS or TYPA Tiger Tots? I’m sure not many certified preschool teachers come through Taipei.

Check them out, they studied in the US’s Montessori, but only do infant 0~3.
02 2709-7122 (Ivy Chuang)

[quote=“igorveni”]Check them out, they studied in the US’s Montessori, but only do infant 0~3.
02 2709-7122 (Ivy Chuang)[/quote]

Check who out?

Kiddo Land Montessori American School

Got the information from my sons Gymboree class. Gymboree will be holding their Gym and Art classes for them. All teachers have Montessori certification. Both locations downtown.

Website www.kiddoland.com.tw
8733-3535

[quote=“piwackit”]Kiddo Land Montessori American School

Got the information from my sons Gymboree class. Gymboree will be holding their Gym and Art classes for them. All teachers have Montessori certification. Both locations downtown.

Website www.kiddoland.com.tw
8733-3535[/quote]

If it’s the one I think it is, I take my kids by it whenever we walk to the playground on Si Wei Rd. Big K on the front of the school, right? Didn’t see any English on their website, let alone information about the school.

Does that mean they will bus the kids to Gymboree each week for a PE class and an art class? Why don’t they have the facilities to hold such classes on site?

If it’s the one I think it is, I take my kids by it whenever we walk to the playground on Si Wei Rd. Big K on the front of the school, right?

Sorry I dont know, I just picked up their brochure at Gymboree.

Didn’t see any English on their website, let alone information about the school.

No there’s no English on their website probably because it’s for local parents sending their kids to an English speaking school but there does seem to be lots of info available about the school.

Does that mean they will bus the kids to Gymboree each week for a PE class and an art class? Why don’t they have the facilities to hold such classes on site?

They do…Gymboree staff goes there and holds classes using Gymborees materials.