Where can I find someone to bid at ruten.com.tw for me?

[quote]I be willing to bet if I, or anyone here contacted ruten, they’d offer a work-around.
[/quote]
WRONG! I did exactly that and the response was basically “fuck off, big nose. No dogs, no foreigners!” So indeed. Not screw 'em. FUCK 'em. Stupid cunts. :fume:

I’ll comment on service providers however the hell I damn well please. :hand:

[quote=“Toasty”] Your RESPONSE is smug and immature in nature and completely ignores the fact that certain local websites that handle communications and ecommerce are under strict orders to gather verifiable data about their users for anti-fraud purposes.[/quote]Have they been ordered to make it difficult for non registered people to contact them? If anyone has difficulties registering, there is no way to contact them. That’s not customer friendly at all.

I’m of a mind to agree with RIT on this one. I have relied on Japanese friends to help me purchase from online Japanese websites and that’s no different than what the OP is asking here.

HOWEVER…I would say there should be an unspoken rule within the expat community: the provider and the purchaser should have some kind of understanding, a relationship of some sort, first. And the purchaser should give cash for the purchase before the provider gets on the website and makes the purchase.

Having said that, I guess I would say, if I am going by the rule above, I would NEVER post on a public forum and ask for help buying online…OK, never mind, forget what I said. The OP is out of line. How is it I talk myself out of these arguments? I suck at this.

I sent a message to Ruten (not easy navigating the customer service section) asking if there was any way for me to register with only an ARC. They wrote back saying that Taiwan citizens with ID number and a Taiwan phone number can register.

Yahoo Auctions doesn’t have this problem, but I notice there are many more sellers of computer products on Ruten than Yahoo (why is this? cheaper commissions?), so I am getting screwed out of some options.

My Taiwanese friends don’t use Ruten. If I just wanted one or two things, it’d probably be fine, but this is an ongoing hobby and I would really prefer my own account.

I’ve had an account I made with a fake ID number for years, they really have no way of knowing until you want to do something more advanced like accept payments through their system. You can generate your fake Taiwan ID here:

people.debian.org/~paulliu/ROCid.html

Just make sure you keep that number on record for access later on.

Hi, You can find us to bid for you!
We are Taiwan Shopping Service/Spree Agent with the most affordable price online.

Please see the followings for the pricing for Ruten.
Exchange Rate: USD1:NT26
Exchange Rate: SGD1:NT22

1 or 2 Auction : $4/Auction
3 to 4 Auction: $3/Auction
5 or more Auction: $2.50/Auction

Payment Method for customer outside Singapore: Paypal

We will help you liaise with the seller, transfer funds and send out the items from Taiwan to your doorstep using Taiwan Post.
(Chinese-English Translation included.)
You just tell us what you want and provide us with the link. That’s all! We will do all the work for you to bid and get the items from Ruten!!
Email: team@im-bella.com
Efficient, Good Service and Trustworthy.

I couldn’t really find any information regarding pricing on the im-bella site (which is a bit of a mess in my not so humble opinion) - but I’ll go ahead and put myself out there, I’ll help anyone buy something from Ruten or Yahoo Taiwan auctions for 100NT + 5% of the item cost. You’ll be able to either:

1. Pay for the auction directly
  2. Pick up the item at a 7-11 and pay for it at the time of pickup (if the seller supports this option)

For my portion a bank transfer will suffice. Simple as that! Email me at drvelocity@gmail.com if you’re interested.

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=102045

Coincidence?

Thank you Belgian Pie, I just got in touch with him. :slight_smile:

We can help to bid for you! Email: team@im-bella.com

We will help you liaise with the seller, transfer funds and send out the items from Taiwan to your doorstep using Taiwan Post.
You just tell us what you want and provide the link. That’s all!

[quote=“drvelocity”]I couldn’t really find any information regarding pricing on the im-bella site (which is a bit of a mess in my not so humble opinion) - but I’ll go ahead and put myself out there, I’ll help anyone buy something from Ruten or Yahoo Taiwan auctions for 100NT + 5% of the item cost. You’ll be able to either:

1. Pay for the auction directly
  2. Pick up the item at a 7-11 and pay for it at the time of pickup (if the seller supports this option)

For my portion a bank transfer will suffice. Simple as that! Email me at drvelocity@gmail.com if you’re interested.[/quote]

Oh no! We will definitely improve our website to give more info!

Please see the followings for the pricing for Ruten.

Payment Method for customer outside Singapore: Paypal

(Chinese-English Translation included.)
You just tell us what you want and provide us with the link. That’s all! We will do all the work for you to bid and get the items from Ruten!!
Email: team@im-bella.com

I really wanted to know too as I am interested in getting some Chinese books from Taiwan something like this
goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21202021238362

I helped a stranger back home buy something from Taiwan before. Made a tidy profit from it, too. I’m not saying that it’s safe, but if a person is willing to take the risk there seems to be some money to be made.

If someone sent me an email and asked me to bid on an item from a specific buyer, I probably wouldn’t do it. But if they asked me to help them find an item in Taiwan and gave me a price range for what they are willing to spend, I would do my best to help.

Need to know the specific book that I need pretty sure is exp

I’ve just tried to register on Ruten, and it seems this is still the case.
身分證字號格式有誤 (ID Number Format)

I’ve had an ARC for years, I’m a Resident Alien, yet I still can’t use my ARC# to sign-up to one of the country’s leading on-line sites.
Yea Gods, on-line Taiwan is just so backward, most of the time. I suppose I should be thankful the site worked at all on Firefox.

[quote=“taihu57”]Hi all. I’m new here and this is my first post. Probably not the best way to come in but I’m desperate :laughing:

There are a couple of items on Ruten.com.tw that I want to bid on, but since I’m not in Taiwan it’s not possible for me. Would anyone here that uses Ruten be able to bid for me and ship the items to me? I would hope we could come to some sort of agreement on how that’d work if someone volunteers. Of course you’d get a little extra in addition to the cost of the item.

I wish there were a site for this, but it seems Ruten has no “middleman” sites yet. I’d really appreciate if anyone can help me, or even direct me to some site I may not know of that does this for you.

Thanks! :notworthy:[/quote]

Hi, I did not read the previous 7 pages, but here is my answer, since I am in the same situation.

When I find something interesting, I check if there is the email of the seller. Then I send him/her an email, such as:
''Hi, I am —, foreigner in Taiwan, can read but not type Chinese characters, so I can not register to ruten.com.tw
I want to buy — from you. I can pay you by ATM transfer. Shipping to —. How much is it? ‘’
Very simple English with translation into Chinese from Google. And… you wait.
In my case, it works. I know it’s not very legal, but is it illegal?
Good luck.

[quote=“Johnkor”]I really wanted to know too as I am interested in getting some Chinese books from Taiwan something like this
goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21202021238362[/quote]

Here is what you want to buy: goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21202021238362
Click on ‘關於我’ ( = about me) mybid.ruten.com.tw/credit/rule_p?kmoon1031
You will find the email address of kmoon1031. See my previous post. Send him/her an email.

My current bidder will leave the country soon to pursue her studies abroad. If someone wants a reliable, frequent buyer and is in turn a reliable, available Ruten Bid shopper, please PM.

Hi, I’m a Taiwanese. I didn’t read the whole 7 pages but if someone need help to buy stuff in Ruten, maybe I can help.
I’m not a professional agent or what, I just try to help.