Where can I find Vietnamese groceries

Does a Vietnamese grocery store exist in Taipei? I don’t care where. I found a small one on nangang road section 1 inbetween Carrefour and the Nangang exhibition center MRT but it was very small and has limited selection.

try the stores fronting tatung university. there’s also one in chungli near the train station. actually, these are just filipino/indonesian/vietnamese stores

There’s one by the Zhishan MRT station in Tianmu. You’ll see it if you take the ramp out.

The results are in and …

Around Tatung universities, there are a couple of Filipino stores that have Filipino/Thai/Indonesian/Vietnamese food. Selection is still limited, but they have a few more things.

Around Zhishan MRT, it’s actually a restaurant that sells some food (look for a big sign near a 7-11 that says Pho) I found some good groceries here (as well as Vietnamese style bread). The Pho, well,… not so good.

Zhongli - Don’t know. It’s too far to go from Taipei.

I’ve given up finding Vietnamese ham. I’ll have to make it myself. I can find all the ingredients to make it now.

Thanks for the help guys.

I didn’t know you could buy bread there - that’s a good tip. Thanks.

Note that many Vietnamese restaurants here, not just that Zhishan one, have a small stand of groceries.

Underneath Taipei Main Station, on the walk between the MRT red line and the Q-Mall, there’s a decent-sized Indonesian shop - lots of groceries from that part of the world. Not exactly Vietnam, of course, but there may be some overlap.

Enter this into google maps: Guāngxìng Street, Sanzhong District, Taiwan.
But this will get you a block or two east of where you want to go. You want Guāngxìng Street between Zhongzheng south road and Datong south road.
By MRT get get off at Cai Liao station in Sanchung. By bus, take the 14 to San chung either in back of or in front of main train station in Taipei. The bus circles around main station and heads back to San Chung. Go across Zhongxiao bridge and get off at the first stop. It’s a short walk. If you drive, do not attempt to drive down Datong south road in the daytime. It’s a jampacked traditional market in the mornings.

There is a Vietnamese grocer run by a Vietnamese woman and her Taiwanese husband next to Quan An Viet nam at #58 Guangxing Street.

I call this street Little Vietnam in Sanchung. There are a ton of Vietnamese brides in the area. On Guangxing street you will find many Vietnamese businesses. Pedicure, manicure shops, eateries, and the small grocer. They are all run by and frequented by Vietnamese women. There is another grocer in San chung, but I can’t remember where.

Do you like those duck embryo eggs? You are in luck!

The lady who runs Quan An Viet nam at # 58 is great to talk to. She special orders the loaves for her banh mi. The loaves are not Taiwanese bread! She also uses imported canned meat, is this what you mean by Vietnamese ham? She speaks Mandarin and Taiwanese. She will sell me loaves of bread for $25 apiece. Great deal for real bread.

So, this is the place, if a shop doesn’t carry it, I’m sure they can point you to their sources.

There is also a chain store called Rupiah Express that specializes in SE asian groceries. Goods are sorted country origin Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese. There are a couple of these stores in Xinzhang, New Taipei City.

There is one that specializes in Vietnamese food items near Yongning MRT (south end of blue line). It’s well posted and going out exit 1 will get within a few stores. The problem is I don’t recall if you go left or right from the exit. I went in and looked around one time but not much stuff that I usually use. On Sat. night, there are always a few guys sitting outside having an end of the week beer. In any even, that exit will get within a 5 minute walk.
You might try Google Street View from the exit 1. The signs are in front and on the side of the building.
EDIT: This area has many factories and many Pinay and Viet folks work in or near here so they should have about anything you want. My Pinay friend pointed out that it was more geared toward Vietnamese and couldn’t find anything that she wanted.

You guys are my saviors. I would kiss you if it were appropriate!

1. For the small grocer on Guāngxìng Street between Zhongzheng south road and Datong south road via Cao liao MRT I found these useful items.
    Bun (rice noodle)
    Vermicelli
    Egg noodles
    Hoisin sauces
    Hot Sauces
    Fish Sauces
    Embryo Eggs
    Coconut milk
    Rice Paper (for wrapping spring rolls)
    Various Vietnamese dish instant pastes (Pho, Bun Bo Hue, Hue Tieu Nam Vang)
    The lemon tea with the big O on it brand.
    Durian Candy
    Durian Cream wafers
    Bánh Dẻo (Vietnamese Ping Pei Mooncakes)
    Bahn In (green bean Hue cake i think)
    Frozen Vietnamese Ham (Gio Lua)
    Bot Khaoi (some kind of flavored tapicoa strips used in deserts with milk )
    Shrimp Paste

2. The store near Yongning MRT (south end of blue line)
    From exit 1, go left on foot for less that 30 seconds. It is on the corner of a building, first floor. However, I did not see any Vietnamese signs. Though I did see some Vietnamese flyers on the windows.

I found the following useful things
Mint! (finally a store that store has mint in large quantities. )
Vietnamese bread
Bun (rice noodle)
Egg noodles
Vermicelli
Lots of other noodles
Hoisin sauce
Fish sauce
Hot sauces
Rice paper (for wrapping spring rolls)
Curry powder
Cucumin
Rice Paper
Embryo eggs
The large sesame rice crackers that are used in Mi Quan
333 beer
Hanoi beer
The lemon tea with the big O on it brand.
Frozen Vietnamese Ham (Gio Lua)

I noticed I can’t get everything I want at one store. Guess I need to stock up on the items when I visit them.I may have missed some things at each store, but this was basically what I found most important. Thanks again!

I’d say it’s pretty good pho, not the best but quite acceptable. The fresh spring rolls are also good, although they give a sweet chili sauce with them instead of a peanut sauce.

Overall, 7/10.

I found pretty good Vietnamese grocery store in wenshan near muzha. closest mrt is muzha MRT but the store is still far from there. bus does stop around it. large selection of stuff including green mangoes, vietnamese bread, vietnamese ham, eggs, mint, veggies.

Address is
台灣台北市文山區指南路一段6號

A post was split to a new topic: Taiwan Rejects Imports of Tainted Sriracha Sauce

Complete with half formed chicks.

Likely more than half formed by now—you are responding to a post from 2014!

Guy

Just confirming that is what is available in those shops, I walked in one and asked!