Where Can I Get a Republic of Taiwan Passport?

I want to get a Republic of Taiwan Passport. Any ideas where I can get one?

Me too!

And while we’re at it, does anybody make an 1895 “Yellow Tiger” flag?

I realize this sounds vague, but it would probably work: Go to the march on Saturday and look for signs from the Taiwan Independence Party. Ask the people carrying them.

If ROT passports are issued in Taipei, I suggest getting one the very first day they come out then grab your family and run very fast to CKS airport to get a flight out because by the next day or so the PLA will fire those very same missiles you feared so much in 1996. Only this time they will be armed with warheads and won’t be targeted offshore.

bollocks…call their bluff i say and if it all goes pear shaped run for the hills!

[quote=“Larsen Ni”]
If ROT passports are issued in Taipei, I suggest getting one the very first day they come out then grab your family and run very fast to CKS airport to get a flight out because by the next day or so the PLA will fire those very same missiles you feared so much in 1996. Only this time they will be armed with warheads and won’t be targeted offshore.[/quote]

haha! :laughing:

Maybe try one of those toy shops that sell the fake money.

If you’re not looking for one of the actual “Republic of Taiwan” passports that some activists had made up several years ago but just one of those vinyl covers for the outside of a regular ROC passport, I recently saw some on sale for NT$20 at the “Taiouan Shop” near Tai-Da.

The fellow who issues these is a Mr. Johnny Huang, and his email address is psos@ms12.hinet.net

He speaks pretty good English since he used to work in the local trade office of the Netherlands.

Unfortunately, he is going to New York City on Sept. 10th and won’t be back until the 25th.

In the meantime, perhaps you could send him a letter . . . . . his address is P.O. Box 6-135, Peitou District, Taipei 112 TAIWAN

I seem to recall that these were NT$555 each, but I could be mistaken. You could ask him.

NT$555? I would think the toy store ones must be cheaper, or you could probably make one of your own for less than that. I wonder if those guys who did the Hong Kong 1997 shirts do them.

Toy store, Home Affairs, same thing, as they have as much credibility as a Rep. of Hout Bay passport.