Where Can I Get My Spine Straightened

I’m tired of masseuses telling me my spine isn’t straight, so can anyone tell me (a) why this would be a problem, and (b) what I can do about it?

Can anyone recommend a good place in or near Taipei to get one’s spine realigned … so I can get back to being perfect again. :wink:

I don’t think it’s something you can just have “done”, It could be due to posture. In my case it’s due to one leg being longer than the longer. You have to deal with the causes and it might straighten itself. Just a guess though.

What sort of “masseuses” have you been going to see ? :howyoudoin: Oh, ones who actually know about spines, nevermind then.

One word: Chiropractor.

There are a couple in Taipei that have been plugged on F.com, Aussie chiropractic and Dr. Mark.

depends on how “crooked” it is, btw there was just a study done that showed cracking your back can cause heart failure due to wear and tear on some veins.
I have a bent spine due to scoliosis and tried all the different chiropracters, the final answer was that I should just sleep on a hard mattress. I have yet to meet a chiro who didn’t want me to charge me for the rest of my life.

You can have a surgeory to straighten your back, it’s painful and takes about 6 months to recover, if the curvature is more than 18 degrees then they will go for it otherwise you’ll just have to live with it and get a better pillow/mattress.

You might also consider an ‘Inversion machine.’
One of those contraptions that allow you to hang at various degrees of upside-down.
If used carefully and gradually these allow for the de-compression and straightening of the spine.

I have used them in the past with very good results in rehabbing from stress injuries and compression injuries to the spinal column.

I’ve managed with scoliosis for a very long time, again, first detected by a chiropractor. I first went in because I just couldn’t get comfortable on a bicycle saddle. I ride a lot, but I can never get comfortable on the saddle because I always feel like my backside is sliding off to the right of the seat, and so I shift position very frequently. It’s annoying, but it’s manageable. There are other small things that result from the scoliosis, but I consider them less of a nuisance. My posture is not straight, I find that my right shoe wears out much more quickly than the left, and my right knee occasionally aches. Over the years I’ve had no trouble staying active and working a physically demanding job, so I don’t worry too much about it.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]You might also consider an ‘Inversion machine.’
One of those contraptions that allow you to hang at various degrees of upside-down.
If used carefully and gradually these allow for the de-compression and straightening of the spine.

I have used them in the past with very good results in rehabbing from stress injuries and compression injuries to the spinal column.[/quote]
Our office receptionist used to use one of those things. Pretty funny looking, as she often used it during office hours, so some government official or other would show up in reception to be greeted by a pair of feet sticking up over her desk. At least her toenails were respectable – we know this because she also had the habit of clipping and scraping the toejam out of her toenails right there on her desk.

well, I would suggest some excercise for the back. You should visit a physiotherapist that can show you the right muscles you need to excercise and the proper training methods. I once did a course in a fitness studio that was aimed to make you aware of your own posture and at the same time excercise your back muscles. Was all very helpful and a great course, but you need to do it on a regular basis to see any effect.

As BFM, one of my legs is shorter, an orthopedic can measure it out for you. I fix it with shoe lifts. Half a centimeter on one leg, can translate into multiple centimeters of spine displacement.