Where can I go to buy qipaos in Taipei and Kaohsiung?

Anyone know any shops in Taipei or Kaohsiung that sells qipaos (traditional Chinese dresses)?

1. You’d do better to split your post into separate ones so people can see the item in the Subject line, IMO.

2. Dictionary questions are best addressed in the Learning Chinese forum, which is frequented by bibliophiles.

qipaos:
If you go to Taipei City Mall, which is underneath Taipei Mainstation (near MRT exit 1) there are a few (at least 4) stores that sell qipaos and other chinese clothing.

At Gonguan MRT station there is a market, take MRT exit 1. keep going straight along the road and near a big pedestrian bridge over the road (before subway) there is a small shop there that sells chinese clothes, scarves, and bags. However, this lady charged 500NT for a handbag that I got in Taipei City mall for 250NT.

good luck with the rest of the stuff!

1 Like

[quote=“Dragonbones”]1. You’d do better to split your post into separate ones so people can see the item in the Subject line, IMO.

1. Dictionary questions are best addressed in the Learning Chinese forum, which is frequented by bibliophiles.[/quote]
    Thank you for the suggestions, I’ll try that instead then.

[quote=“ratbrain”]qipaos:
If you go to Taipei City Mall, which is underneath Taipei Mainstation (near MRT exit 1) there are a few (at least 4) stores that sell qipaos and other chinese clothing.

At Gongguan MRT station there is a market, take MRT exit 1. keep going straight along the road and near a big pedestrian bridge over the road (before subway) there is a small shop there that sells chinese clothes, scarves, and bags. However, this lady charged 500NT for a handbag that I got in Taipei City mall for 250NT.

good luck with the rest of the stuff![/quote]
Thank you very much! Do you know how much qipaos usually cost at those shops?

In Taipei, try Lishui St. Lots of funky “arty” kinds of shops selling chipaos, many of them vintage ones. You have to be kind of small to fit into most of the old ones, though. My wife got some really beautiful ones there. Not expensive – maybe NT$1,500-NT$3,000 or so each, although they have some that cost a lot more. Depends what you want. Silk look fantastic but cost more.

Remember, though, that you’ll probably have to get them tailor-made for you if you’re anything other than petite in stature.

Hello! Does anyone know where I can get tailor-made qipaos in Taipei? Thank you!

Amelie Wang 上海設計師旗袍 on Dunhua S rd. Inside Fareastern building. Just put the full name into Facebook.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like