Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

Hi forumosa just joined the forum amd thought in posting in this thread.
I have been living in changhua for about 4 months and im starting to get really damn bored because back in my country i
used to have an awesome social life and here meyo pengyou lol having no friends is kindof sad feeling.
Im a 23 year old (male) spanish native speaker and fair enough with english conversations ill like to meet any kind of friend lol doesnt matter taiwanesse or foreigner male or female that can speak english and i will be really gratefull if they can teach me some chinese because im learning kindof slow.

I like sports, videogames (ps3 has been my only friend this days), like to party and drink a couple of whishkys or beers, i am willing to try new activitis though. So pm me or send me an email i usually answer really fast ercastaneda@hotmail.com
Or add me to skype ercastaeda (yes withouth the n unlike my email…)

Hi everyone!

I’m a 26 y/o girl from the UK, just moved to Taipei about three months ago to work and loving it, but it would be great to meet new people and just hang out! I studied at NTU about two years ago, so I know my way around Taipei and its best coffee shops :slight_smile: if anyone would like to meet up and maybe go for coffee, send me an email- bluehippo_2818@hotmail.co.uk

Hey everyone, Im a returning abc who speaks passable chinese. Working here now after grad school (im 25) and pretty bored most weekends. Anyone who wants to hang out feel free to send me an email chang52088@gmail.com

kinda new to this forum
so to start off
i’m will, 20, born in Taipei, raised in Seattle, graduated from an international school in Beijing and now i’m back in Taipei
i’ve spent most of my life out side of taiwan so i’m kinda new to the night scene around here
i know a couple bars around xinyi and dongqu districts
i love having a beer and the occasional spliff
seeing if anyone else interested in a get together over a beer or maybe introduce me to a new joint for good beer and good vibe
i like lounge bars where the music isn’t so loud so i can have a conversation, also appreciate a good belgian/french import beers

if anyone is interested, send me a message on facebook or reply to this thread
my facebook is facebook.com/drummwill

thanks!

Hi all
Wow, I feel like kinda old here! I’m a 44 yr old straight Chinese Singaporean recently posted to Taiwan for work. Don’t really know alot of folks here and feeling quite bored here. Would be great to meet up with sincere male or females for social networking and making more friends. Not really into clubbing or wild drinking binge anymore but love having a nice dinner, wine, good conversation and company. I’ll be staying near Da Zhi in Taipei. Let me know if anyone is keen to meet up.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. Just landed taipei on Friday 14th June 2013. I am from London and looking forward to meeting new friends.
sent me email : seaseeding@gmail.com and lets explore taipei.

Hi I’m from England originally and traveled all over the world ive just moved to zhongli i don’t know anyone here yet, and would like to meet up to play some sport, explore, exchange travel stories. Andy :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I am in my 20’s, from East Africa, done a fair bit of travelling, now in Taichung to study Mandarin. Im looking to make some friends… just people that can speak some english to hang out with. I live out in the Country side, I believe the name is Wuqi - so I’d be really excited about meeting anyone who lives in the area. However, I do make it to Central Taichung quite often too.

OMG, that’s why it’s called LINE!!! I get it now! :notworthy:

Hi, I’m KC. I’m a british born chinese, recently moved to taipei. I live in Nangang. Want to meet new friends etc. search for me on facebook: K-Ci Ling, and don’t be shy to message me. Look forward to hearing from you! x

Awesome a post for meeting new friends in taiwan. Since I’m here I might as well jump into it as well.

I was actually born in taiwan but ended up moving over to Vancouver Canada when I was 2. Didn’t found I was actually born here until I was 20, so I got curious about my birth place so I ended up taking a trip here 3 years ago that was suppose to be only for 2 weeks, well i ended up staying here an then BAM 3 years already. Im down with meeting some new foreigners or locals. here is my LINE ID DEVPUNK. drop me a line if you want

HEY Im a girl study in kaohsiung’s language college and can speak english with foreigners,but i thought my grammer is damn poor
but I like to meet some different foreigner’s friend and we could chatting drinking or shopping exchange language and anything u want to do
If you want to hang out let me know. just add me
Its my facebook facebook.com/bubulalala
and my LINE ID is BUBICITY

Hi,

I’m an American born Chinese/French/Vietnamese mix, in my late 30s. Just moved to Taipei this June to take care of my aging folks. Don’t know any other native English speakers except this one couple I know back in the States. I speak/read/write fluently both Mandarin and English (of course), and know a little Spanish, Taiwanese, Cantonese. Not sure if I can meet English speaking friends here as I have failed to do so at other sites, but sure give it a try. Not looking to date as I need to focus on my career (line producer for independent films back in Los Angeles but now, uhm… in between jobs). I’m a movie fanatic and have like 800 blu ray movies so if there’s any other movie fanatics that want to watch a movie in theater or home or whatever, and like to discuss about them afterwards, let me know. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Either way, good luck to all.

James

bububu

[quote=“annabelle19910702”]HEY Im a girl study in kaohsiung’s language college and can speak english with foreigners,but i thought my grammer is damn poor
but I like to meet some different foreigner’s friend and we could chatting drinking or shopping exchange language and anything u want to do
If you want to hang out let me know. just add me
Its my facebook facebook.com/bubulalala
and my LINE ID is BUBICITY[/quote]

Hi everyone!

I’m Sim from Penang, Malaysia who had been in Taiwan for med school for the past 7 years and starting work as a generalist resident in August. 25 y/o male who loves movies, reading, swimming, running, cycling, and procrastinating. Only found out this forum recently and was very excited to meet new people and share important information on being a foreigner on this intriguing little island. I’m based in Hualien but frequents Taipei and will look to moving there next year for a pediatrics residency position. Hopefully everything goes according to plan!
I speak good Chinese, English, Malay, Cantonese, a little Italian and French. I keep a blog at jysim.blogspot.com and would be more than happy to share information on healthcare, trips to Hualien, studying, working in Taiwan etc through my email junyi2002[at]gmail.com
Have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

Hi!
I’m a 26yo/F Singaporean Chinese that decided to uproot myself and move to Taipei about 3 weeks ago. I’m hoping to meet new friends to hang out with (coffee/chat/sports/shopping/language exchange etc) as it can get rather boring sometimes. I speak fluent Mandarin so will be happy to help anyone who needs help in the language department.

If you would like to meet up, drop me an email at leng.eunice@gmail.com

[quote=“tooboredftw”]Hi!
I’m a 26yo/F Singaporean Chinese that decided to uproot myself and move to Taipei about 3 weeks ago. I’m hoping to meet new friends to hang out with (coffee/chat/sports/shopping/language exchange etc) as it can get rather boring sometimes. I speak fluent Mandarin so will be happy to help anyone who needs help in the language department.

If you would like to meet up, drop me an email at leng.eunice@gmail.com[/quote]

Is it true Singaporeans are the most miserable people in the world? There was a survey done a few months ago and ranked Singapore the worst and Denmark the best… not sure if the survey justify that, just curious. Welcome to Taipei and join us foreigners here… I’m new as well.

[quote=“tooboredftw”]Hi!

If you would like to meet up, drop me an email at leng.eunice@gmail.com[/quote]

Is it true Singaporeans are the most miserable people in the world? There was a survey done a few months ago and ranked Singapore the worst and Denmark the best… not sure if the survey justify that, just curious. Welcome to Taipei and join us foreigners here… I’m new as well.

hi there James, thanks for the welcome and interesting question! haha yeah i read about those survey results too. Having lived there my entire life + traveled outside of Singapore to various countries for work/leisure, I honestly don’t find the survey results very meaningful. After all, across cultures, I do think there is some degree of commonality in terms what people find joy in (family/friendship etc) and it’s really up to the individual to seek out what makes them happy. Perhaps Singaporeans might be a little more vocal compared with other nationalities in terms of voicing our dissatisfaction with life in general, but i don’t think that makes us more miserable than the rest of the world =P

Well, that’s good to know. My favorite airline is Singapore Airline and the flight attendants all seem very cheerful (and beautiful). I figured the people there can’t be that miserable if they got one of the best airline food. :slight_smile: