Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

Hi im james. Im 19 years old. Live in taipei. I’m easy to get along with as long as you don’t stab me :slight_smile:
add my line @ iknowhowtoduck
if you wanna be friends with me, the Magnificent james

Are there any competitive gamers around?
Kind of miss it, almost went pro during the q3 and cs1.5 era

Might be fun to sit around at the clubs all weekend talking LoL strats before taking a girl home

Bruh, thats nothing. I competitive game while picking up girls at the same time. I do game on girls to get girls, then i competitive game on my game boy…in the club. You need to step up your gaming game bruh.

I would like to meet a wonderful taiwan female.I do not mind sharing my life time with her. do send me an email if you are single and interested.(mailsherman@yahoo.com)

Gary

If sb go to club tomorrow?

I am 28 years old guy who look good company. I lived longer time in Taiwan but until now I didn’t want to go outside and more social like in my country Poland where I had good team.

I am starting my PhD at NDHU this fall. I am going to need new friends!

I am planning on arriving in Taiwan the first week of October; just waiting on a final contract!

Would love to do some meetups/hangouts with people. Pretty much the only thing I don’t enjoy is clubbing. Every now and then it’s okay but not for meeting new people (too loud; too expensive).

One thing I would really love to do is hiking. Especially as the weather cools down a bit.

Oh, and I’m 29 and from California.

[quote=“sharpie”]I am planning on arriving in Taiwan the first week of October; just waiting on a final contract!

Would love to do some meetups/hangouts with people. Pretty much the only thing I don’t enjoy is clubbing. Every now and then it’s okay but not for meeting new people (too loud; too expensive).

One thing I would really love to do is hiking. Especially as the weather cools down a bit.

Oh, and I’m 29 and from California.[/quote]

Speaking of hiking, I went to Xiangshan hiking trail last weekend and was so excited to see the beautiful view up there. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in a good condition on that day and almost passed out after climbing just for five minutes. lol
Still, it’s a good place to visit. :wink:

I want to fly to Taiwan soon. I hope I can do it as soon as I can.

Anyone try any friend sites like https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/jamezkuor https://tw.linkedin.com/in/jamezku?!?

I’m sure those sites are useful.

Good luck!?!

:bow:

PS: Please pray for Dalai Lama’s health, muchos gracias :notworthy:

Finally in Taipei! Now I need to actually make friends…

Oh dear. :astonished:

I’m a Taiwanese guy now living in Tokyo however I’ve found it much more harder than people in Taiwan to make friends with the Japanese.The barrier is so evident and the people are so cold. Maybe the condition is worse than in Taiwan.
So in the two years, I’ve only made friends with the western people or people from other Asia countries.It took less time to know whether this guy or girl like you or not. And talking in straight is better than guessing what people are thinking about all the time. I think if Taiwanese people can improve the English skill, you may find it easier to get along with Taiwanese people,at least better than the Japanese people.
After I finish my study in Japan I will soon come back.
Hope to make friends with you. I’m looking forward to it.

I guess it’s time to throw a party, isn’t it XD

I can totally feel you…I was working in Japan and realized it’s such a painful process to make local friends.
Then I gave up now just moved back to TW.

I don’t really know how does it work here but wondering is there anyone down for grab a coffee or something?
It’s gonna be an easy hanging out. Let’s spice it up folks!!! :smiley:

I’m in Taipei by the way.

I’d like to meet up and make some new friends… Trouble is I hardly have any free time.

[quote=“shankesleroux8988”]I’m a Taiwanese guy now living in Tokyo however I’ve found it much more harder than people in Taiwan to make friends with the Japanese.The barrier is so evident and the people are so cold. Maybe the condition is worse than in Taiwan.
So in the two years, I’ve only made friends with the western people or people from other Asia countries.It took less time to know whether this guy or girl like you or not. And talking in straight is better than guessing what people are thinking about all the time. I think if Taiwanese people can improve the English skill, you may find it easier to get along with Taiwanese people,at least better than the Japanese people.
After I finish my study in Japan I will soon come back.
Hope to make friends with you. I’m looking forward to it.[/quote]

[quote=“sharpie”]Finally in Taipei! Now I need to actually make friends…

Oh dear. :astonished:[/quote]

I’m gonna meet up with someone (also on this forum) for the first time this Friday night for a beer or two (or ten depending on how the night goes) at a local brew place in Taipei (location tbd, but probably Da’an area). Why don’t you guys come? Can even switch it up to dinner and drinks if that works better.

I think him and I are about the same age, we both ride motorcycles, and are from LA/California area so we might all have some commonalities. I think we’re both pretty easy going.
You can add my line- jkaoh if you wanna hang out!

Friday night would probably work. I get it off, yay!

I’ll add you! :thumbsup:

Battlefront 3 out in less than 48 hours… anyone playing?

Rushing to level cap ie. playing min 16 hours a day for the next week at least

31 year old Taiwanese American guy, newly Kaohsiung. Anyone here wants to hang out?

If you guys wanna meet new friends, come to our hash group on sundays! www.chinahash.org.