Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

I expect Mecca is pretty shit too.

It’s probably got better bars than Taipei though.

I expect Mecca is pretty shit too.

It’s probably got better bars than Taipei though.[/quote]

Mecca is in Saudi Arabia. Alcohol is illegal there. So no bars. And since public mixing of the sexes is illegal, any bar-like things would likely be men-only.

um … SloanRanger is almost certainly English, nonredneck. You don’t get humour (or a username) like that anywhere else. What made the joke especially funny is that you just explained why it’s funny, but you didn’t get why it’s funny :smiley:

What didn’t you like about playing in the SBL? Was it all the screaming teenage girls? I went to a game once, and although the basketball was fun to watch, the screaming really turned me off. Baseball games have a much better atmosphere.

What do you do at the science park? Sounds like a pretty cool gig.

Hsinchu/Zhubei isn’t that far from Taipei, you know. You can just hop on a train and go barhopping or clubbing on the weekend. Or you could meet people by playing pickup basketball on the courts by Taida. Lots of foreigners there, and the locals are very cool as well.

Deuce Dropper, what about Taichung? Seems like there’s lots of stuff to do there, and the weather is WAY better than it is up here, particularly in the winter. Also, the girls seem prettier.

[quote=“haokaiyang”]

To put nicely, the basketball is just a lot “different” than U.S. basketball. And I the teenage girls have no idea what they are screaming at haha. But I am very grateful for the 2 month experience. Met some really cool people.

I am an international sales for a IC driver company (still a rookie).

Well, you seem like a very nice person. Best of luck with life in Zhubei! Hope you meet some new friends soon.

I know you were referring to the personality but let me just say this: I saw OP’s picture on FB. He’s super-hyper cute. (Khm…in a masculine way, of course). :smiley:

Chopper, I’m from SF and will be there Nov 26-30. If you want to wingman up and hit the town together I’d be down. I’ve only been once before so don’t really know my way around.

Yep, same here i just want to meet a lot of american friends. Please add me i’m 25 years old male.

Hi,

I’ve been teaching here for a couple months and really like it. I’ve made a couple friends but would love to make some more.

I’d prefer to hang out with single, attractive women (what single guy wouldn’t?) but am happy making guy friends as well.

I’m a 35 years old. I came from America. I like sports and outdoor activities. I love music and would love to find somebody to jam with. I play guitar, piano, harmonica, and ukuele. I am also an avid juggler and love playing with the chinese yo yo (diabolo). I also love to explore and take pictures as I’m in a brand new and exciting place. Sometimes I stay at home and watch movies.

I’m an occasional drinker, like to dance but not necessarily a club person. I did go to Roxy’s 99 last night and danced the night away but that the first time in a long time for me.

Send me a pm if you want to hang out sometime. Cheers friends.

You are far too kind. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello all.

I am visiting my grandfather in Taipei and will be here for about 3 weeks. However, I don’t know anyone that is remotely close to my age (24). I would like to meet some new people and see some cool places if anyone is down.

So i am visiting my grandfather and father and staying in Taipei. I am here solo and would like to meet some people who are close to my age (24). All of my cousins who are close to my age are studying overseas and there’s no one to show me around. Any help?

Welcome to forumosa intrex24. :sunglasses:

You might wanna give a few more details about yourself if you are looking for someone to ‘show you around’. Do you like nightclubbing or hiking or temples or, god forbid, shrimp fishing? And where are you from? Stateside? Canada? The an tip oh deez?

Most of the posters on here are colostomy bag wearing, rotund bellied (if aromatic) nipple aficionados. So don’t be too disheartened by a lack of response. :laughing:

It just so happens to be that I am an areola aficionado, so I am sure we can relate.

Well I am from the good ole US, the greatest country to ever exist. I graduated from the greatest university to ever exist, Rutgers. I am in to night clubbing but i am also into hiking and I love shrimp fishing . Is that a bad thing? Shrimp fishing was one of my fondest memories when i visited Taiwan about 15 years ago. I also like to just fish. I also like to drink beer. Hope this is enough info

You might wanna add if you are M looking for F or M looking for M or M looking for a wingman kinda thingy?

I know I would wanna be clear bout it.

I’m looking for anything, i just want to meet some new friends since. Male or female.

If you are looking for someone to go for a beer with near Guting, then sure give me a shout. Theres nightclubs nearby too. (Roxy and Wax) Though i’m probably a bit on the old side (35). You would have to put up with my glaswegian drawl though which gets worse as the night goes on. :discodance:

[quote=“Rabidpie”][quote=“Icon”]In Spanish it works OK: voy a hacerme de un novio extranjero.

To the OP: sweetheart, you already have an advantage: you are Taiwanese. Hell if I can get a foreign guy to even look at me. I am seriously considering that the next white bloke that walks by without a glance will get a slap on the back of the neck or something along those lines. No manners, tsk tsk.[/quote]

Nunca he escuchado a “hacerme de un novio,” pero tal vez es un poco diferente en Mexico.

I also want to make it clear that I am totally open to everyone! It doesn’t matter if they are from Korea, Taiwan, Latin America or Europe, I’d date any of those girls. Taiwanese girls in Taiwan are simply the majority.[/quote]

quien habla asi?
como que hacerme de un novia??
que dices?

Just moved to Taipei 2 weeks ago for work. I’m from NYC, Taiwanese-American, female, 27, single, straight. I’m pretty versatile when it comes to stuff to do, from good conversations at a cafe to clubbing.
I’m fluent in both English and Mandarin (but more English). Open to meet all types of people.
Looking for friendships or casual dating partners if chemistry sparks, but specifically I’m looking for people to explore food with.
Please PM if interested :slight_smile:

1 Like