Where can sell a bike?

(Disclaimer: this is not an ad, but a post with questions related with how and where to sell a bike in Taiwan :slight_smile: )

Hi, I want to sell my Suzuki TU Grasstracker and I don’t know where I can publish ads. I have posted one in tealit and I will do it here as well, but I don’t know where else I could post an ad or even if it’s possible to find potential buyers by some other means. Tealit doesn’t look like the best place ever for selling an “expensive” bike, so most likely there are better sites. Also I have gone to a couple of shops in that street with second hand bikes near Changde lu (Taipei), but I hope there are other options (the highest bid there was 80k…).

I know about Ruten, but it seems to be only for locals, and Yahoo Bid… I don’t know about Yahoo, indeed (does anybody know if I can post there?)

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated. Webs, shops, friends of a friend… whatever

PD: the bike is overall OK, it’s nice and appealing, but the carb does not perform very well on high revs (it’s like if it had too much air, or too less, or who knows what). Most likely it needs some tune up done by skillful hands, like to change some jet or the floater, but I personally don’t know much about carbs, and the people I have had checking it didn’t have replacements. I’m a bit tired of having something that can not be serviced quickly and that doesn’t exactly match my incomes :stuck_out_tongue: Currently I’m asking for it 110k, but price is negotiable, and I could include some changes such rear tyre (which is too worn out) and similar. ACtually when I bought it both tyres were already wasted, so I had to replace them after a couple of weeks.

If you have Facebook then become a member of Taipei: Buy, sell, trade. I put my bike on it and it got a lot of hits.

Get that carb fixed before selling it too.

:whistle:

Thanks Rk for the advice. I’m trying to get it fixed, but people go crazy because

a) they think that the air/oil mix screw is the solution to all the problems, and that’s not true (that works only for low revs)
b) this model is not so common in Taiwan, and they don’t have much experience with it, plus there is a shortage of spare parts…

I don’t have FB account (long story, I had my reasons, and now I’m too stubborn and feel weird about creating one suddenly :P), but thanks for the advice… may be, may be one day I will create an account for the USA government to read my personal messages :smiley:

[quote=“jesus80”]Thanks Rk for the advice. I’m trying to get it fixed, but people go crazy because

a) they think that the air/oil mix screw is the solution to all the problems, and that’s not true (that works only for low revs)
b) this model is not so common in Taiwan, and they don’t have much experience with it, plus there is a shortage of spare parts…

I don’t have FB account (long story, I had my reasons, and now I’m too stubborn and feel weird about creating one suddenly :P), but thanks for the advice… may be, may be one day I will create an account for the USA government to read my personal messages :smiley:[/quote]

You know that CSRT can fix your bike. Obviously it has a problem. Your bike needs to be dropped off and taken a look at. Just do it and stop messing around. Start a Facebook account, sell your bike and then delete your account. Done!

May be CSRT can fix it, but the location is not that convenient. However, I was thinking on asking you to ask your friend for prices (how much just to check it, how much for a second hand carb, how much for repairing it… etc). I also would like to go one day at some time he can work on it, not like last time that he was already off duty :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, if he wants the bike, and he can offer a reasonable price, his offer is welcome.

[quote=“jesus80”]May be CSRT can fix it, but the location is not that convenient. However, I was thinking on asking you to ask your friend for prices (how much just to check it, how much for a second hand carb, how much for repairing it… etc). I also would like to go one day at some time he can work on it, not like last time that he was already off duty :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, if he wants the bike, and he can offer a reasonable price, his offer is welcome.[/quote]

He isn’t that kind of mechanic where you pull up and wait for him to play around with it unless you are really good friends with him. He is extremely busy. Your bike has a problem, something is wrong with it and it probably needs some time to diagnose. I don’t think it is a major engine problem but if it is a carb problem then he would need to order something or find something that would work, but I have know idea what the problem is and he doesn’t either right now. You need to be patient, let someone take the bike for a week and figure it out. Once he knows what the problem is, he will tell you what needs to be done and the price. But a new carb can cost from 4k-10k depending on the size. I doubt a new carb for a TU would cost 10K, but I would expect at least 6k.

There are other motorcycle shops around Taipei that can help you out too, like Motorheart or possibly WuTian, but those shops are also extremely busy and you will need time to diagnose the problem. Expect at least a week of not having your bike. That is the way it goes. If you want to give your bike to Ah Sen at CSRT then pretty much just take it there and leave it anytime.

You aren’t going to fix the problem by just adjusting the air fuel mixture or trying to diagnose it yourself. Also, nobody wants to buy a bike that has a noticeable problem unless you are selling it for dirt cheap. But it sounds like you are looking for a decent price, so it needs to be fixed.

CSRT really doesn’t buy too many bikes off customers. Every now and then, but I am pretty sure he doesn’t want it and if he did offer you a price for it then it probably wouldn’t be what you wanted. Taiwanese mechanics always offer too low.

Well, I will try to get the job done near home, and if it’s not possible, I will go again to Yingge. I like to see what is done on my bike just because it’s my bike, and I want to know both bike and work done on it. For example, there has been some adjustments and tests done that I don’t really think that are necessary or even useful, etc.

And if I can find somebody who buys it as is, for a reasonable price for both, I don’t want to hassle anymore with shops, mechanics, etc. There might be somebody who understands what’s the bike status and go for it.

Well, just and update that can either mean something or not. I posted an ad on Sunday, I got a call on Monday, and I’m back from Banqiao, having had sold it already. I have to say that I’m a bit sad about selling it, too many experiences (good and bad ones), too many km, very intense most of them… and… it was my baby… :frowning:

So, at least in my case, Ruten works, or it looks like. I’m going to leave the advertisement a bit longer without setting it as sold because I want to know how much demand on TU Grasstrackers is out there.

So if you want to sell a bike, it seems that Ruten is worthwhile :slight_smile:

I see bikes selling on the Facebook group “Taipei: Buy, sell, trade” for inflated prices. Naive foreigners seem to pay over the odds for things.