Where does everyone watch stock prices?

Where do you follow the flow of stocks?

On a few websites, I imagine.

Which stocks? It depends …

For US stocks Yahoo Finance is fine.
For Taiwan stocks there is www.kimo.com.tw
For HK stocks there is www.aastocks.com.hk

I use other sites for other purposes. At the office one can use the Bloomberg terminal …

Google finance

I use to go into those places where they have all the TV screens on the wall and there are a bunch of old people there and I would watch my Taiwan stocks all morning, doing day trading. It was kind of fun to watch those old ladies. Some of them looked like they knew what they were doing, others, just seemed like it would have been better to put in Stop Loss orders instead of sending in your ignorant significant other to watch your stocks.

These places are located all over Taipei and Taiwan.

[quote=“Hobart”]I use to go into those places where they have all the TV screens on the wall and there are a bunch of old people there and I would watch my Taiwan stocks all morning, doing day trading. It was kind of fun to watch those old ladies. Some of them looked like they knew what they were doing, others, just seemed like it would have been better to put in Stop Loss orders instead of sending in your ignorant significant other to watch your stocks.

These places are located all over Taipei and Taiwan.[/quote]
I used to see such places everywhere. But they seem to have disappeared.

I guess it’s what old people do here instead of Bingo.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Hobart”]I use to go into those places where they have all the TV screens on the wall and there are a bunch of old people there and I would watch my Taiwan stocks all morning, doing day trading. It was kind of fun to watch those old ladies. Some of them looked like they knew what they were doing, others, just seemed like it would have been better to put in Stop Loss orders instead of sending in your ignorant significant other to watch your stocks.

I used to see such places everywhere. But they seem to have disappeared.[/quote]

Walk into any bank with broker service and you’ll see this. Buncha old people with nothing better to do then sit around and lose money, day-in and day-out.

Cool. I’m thinking of joining the game.

[quote=“Tony the Tiger”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“Hobart”]I use to go into those places where they have all the TV screens on the wall and there are a bunch of old people there and I would watch my Taiwan stocks all morning, doing day trading. It was kind of fun to watch those old ladies. Some of them looked like they knew what they were doing, others, just seemed like it would have been better to put in Stop Loss orders instead of sending in your ignorant significant other to watch your stocks.

I used to see such places everywhere. But they seem to have disappeared.[/quote]

Walk into any bank with broker service and you’ll see this. Buncha old people with nothing better to do then sit around and lose money, day-in and day-out.[/quote]

The secret…they are often on the 2nd floor, they call them ‘securities’ houses. BTW, a foreigner can easily open an account and trade.

Hey guys, just thought I’d give you lot a heads-up! Chicken stock is up! By NT$2 at 7-11!