Where does one find Electro / Indie Rock in Taipei

Where does one find Electro / Indie Rock in Taipei…?

There are a couple of threads on this sort of thing already, but the main venues are pretty much The Wall, Underworld and the two Riverside spots. There’s usually a fair bit going on… check gigguide.tw

are you talking about live music or bars/clubs?

The Wall, Underworld and the two Riverside spots are the places for live music.

as for bars…45 on heping road have a pretty good CD collection, it’s a bit of a shithole but music is good and it can be alright on the weekends.

clubs are more difficult. a few foreigners have tried but they never seem to take off with much success. roxy vibe (on jinshan road) had an indie night before xmas that was good (until 3am when the usual crowd turned up). i think they are having one this saturday again

I know of the Wall and Underworld. I’ll look into the riverside spots. Thanks for the advice guys. I’ve got a couple months of digging and I’ll find what I’m looking for. Only a matter of a couple drunken weekends.

As for shitholes, I love them. I always find that the cheaper/crappier the place is, the nicer the people are.

[quote]DRESS TO GET F**KED@ ROXY VIBE

Roxy Electro Skins Party @ VIBE 2/20 11:00pm, 300NT+1 Drink

RETRO ELECTRO

skins party (n.)
1.) A party inspired by the British E4 drama Skins. These parties usually involve large amounts of drugs, alcohol, sex, and loud music. After the skins party, the guests usually wake up in somebody else’s house/garden completely disorientated, naked, and covered in puke/piss/blood.
2.) A party for loads of young college kids to get wrecked out of their faces, shag loads of birds, and do loads of drugs.

With the latest remixes from artists like Justice, Designer Drugs, The Bloody Beetroots, SebastiAn, Soulwax, and Guns ‘n’ Bombs, at the end of the night, you will either be banged or be banging. Your choice. All you have to do is the following:

Get dressed.
Get to Vibe.
Get wrecked.
Get f*cked.
Rinse.
Repeat.

NT$300 at the door; includes a free drink.

Start Time:
Friday, February 20, 2009 at 11:00pm
End Time:
Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 3:00am
Street:
台北市金山南路一段155號B1: B1, #155, Sec 1, Jin-Shan South Road

» Venue Information
Venue: XAGA [Taichung]
Tel#:
Address: 120, Sec. 3, Henan Road, Taichung City ( Tiger City )
台中市河南路三段120號 ( 老虎城 )[/quote]

Hmm. If that floats your boat…?

[quote=“summerain”][quote]DRESS TO GET F**KED@ ROXY VIBE

Roxy Electro Skins Party @ VIBE 2/20 11:00pm, 300NT+1 Drink

RETRO ELECTRO

skins party (n.)
1.) A party inspired by the British E4 drama Skins. These parties usually involve large amounts of drugs, alcohol, sex, and loud music. After the skins party, the guests usually wake up in somebody else’s house/garden completely disorientated, naked, and covered in puke/piss/blood.
2.) A party for loads of young college kids to get wrecked out of their faces, shag loads of birds, and do loads of drugs.

With the latest remixes from artists like Justice, Designer Drugs, The Bloody Beetroots, SebastiAn, Soulwax, and Guns ‘n’ Bombs, at the end of the night, you will either be banged or be banging. Your choice. All you have to do is the following:

Get dressed.
Get to Vibe.
Get wrecked.
Get f*cked.
Rinse.
Repeat.

NT$300 at the door; includes a free drink.

Start Time:
Friday, February 20, 2009 at 11:00pm
End Time:
Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 3:00am
Street:
台北市金山南路一段155號B1: B1, #155, Sec 1, Jin-Shan South Road

» Venue Information
Venue: XAGA [Taichung]
Tel#:
Address: 120, Sec. 3, Henan Road, Taichung City ( Tiger City )
台中市河南路三段120號 ( 老虎城 )[/quote]

Hmm. If that floats your boat…?[/quote]

Already been invited :smiley: