Where I can buy mass protein in Taipei?

strength is a huge bonus

Costco. NT$24/US$.82 per serving.

1 Like

Costco. Organic but too many carbs to even consider.

I’m seeing more and more jacked Taiwanese men these days. Mostly at the gym. They most be chugging these.

1 Like

I stopped drinking protein powder. I get enough just eating a lot of animals.

You really dont need that much protein to build muscle right? For most people 150 grams a day should be enough.

The science say about 1.5 per kg is really all you need as the “ideal” amount for building muscle. I’ve seen some benefits of up to 2. But most don’t see much benefits of more than 2grams per kg.

This is assuming you’re natural. If you’re on stuff, your body can use way more to build muscle. That’s why you get bodybuilders saying crazy numbers, they can actually use it.

The only other benefit of high protein is protein keeps you full and calories from protein are generally more healthy than say carbs and sugar. Not to mention your body burns more calories breaking down protein so it can be beneficial for people looking to lose weight.

For an active man not looking to build as much muscle as possible. I think the science say around 1 gram per kg is about ideal. Obviously it will depend on how active.

1 Like

Me 2.

I wonder if the virus added to the trend of being fit?

But I’m really seeing more men trying to build more muscular physic these days. Wasn’t the case before. I wonder why. Definitely see more gyms popping up as well.

1 Like

Maybe summer trendy TV show or Tiktok or something?

Yes a lot more gyms, and lots of videos popping around of girls and guys working out. Maybe just becoming more trendy.

Maybe early 2010s. It wouldn’t be rare that I would be the strongest guy at the gym. But now there are some really strong guys and people with bodybuilding physiques at my gym these days. Unfortunately I’m still usually the tallest, maybe another generation will see the Taiwanese men grow taller.

I see some people saying that it’s 2g per gram of muscle. So if you are 100kg and fat, you probably just need 150 160. But basically enough protein, it’s not steroids

So many gyms everywhere, so much crossfit, muay Thai etc. I think 館長 is in some way responsible as I see a lot of guys wearing his clothes in gyms

Also even hiking trails are full of young people now and groups of attractive women. Five years ago was mostly oldies

1 Like

Yes, the more lean muscle the more protein intake you actually need to maintain and grow. You don’t need 2g of protein per kg if you’re obese.

1 Like

A lot of physical education graduates/enthusiast can’t find a decent well paying job with desired work environment so are opening up their own gyms.

Personal training is trendy.

1 Like

Isnt is more that fitness is super popular

I don’t think people join gyms because fitness is super popular in Taiwan or most places.

The appearance of going to a gym to be fit is super popular. it makes for great Instagram when you go once every couple weeks or once a month.

And people feel like they want to be fit for one week out of the year so they join a gym and then that’s about it.

kind of a mind game that wanting to be into fitness is super popular but actually being into fitness is not.

1 Like

Personal training is the current business model and it’s a bit annoying. I’ve stopped by several decent gyms recently and none separate membership from personal training. You have to buy one to obtain the other and somebody follows you around each moment you are in the gym. When the trend passes, we should have a good deal of quality used equipment to buy so that’s a good thing.

1 Like

And there’s a lot of really bad personal trainers in general. It’s really hard for me to find one that I feel is very knowledgeable, willing to keep learning, willing to change their mind and be open minded on new ideas, work with my style of training and goals.