Where is Taiwan's armpit?

Surely Sanchong warrants a mention!

by the sound of it yes.

Actually, when I hear the word Sanchong I think of armpit already.

“Check out that dirty, stinking, hairy Sanchong”

“Do you shave your Sanchongs?”

“She’s quite hot, except for those Sanchongs”

If Jiayi didn’t have Lan Tan I would vote Jiayi. So Sanchung it is. I lived there for a couple of months. That was enough.

No, no Sanchong does not really deserve a mention. It’s just because it is right next to Taipei so us coddled Taipeirs can sneak a few horrified looks at what the real Taiwan is like. Hell, they hardly have any factories left over there at all.

I must say that I am intrigued by the possibilities of Mailiao. What about Renai in Kaosiung though? I’ve heard great things about that place.

The Ruifang/Badu area just south of Keelung is worth a look although it doesn’t really have the requisite levels of toxicity.

I agree with that. Truly the most noxious place in Taiwan has to be either in Zhanghua or Yunlin counties.

That whole area is so fascinating to me, as I go by it in the train nearly once a week. An absolute dilapidated mess squeezed into the nooks and crannies of what would have been pretty beautiful scenery. The constant rain probably washes away most of the grime. It’s a mess, but a curiously intriguing mess.

Strike Yangmei off the list.

Very livable areas around the town proper, nice foothills around, and not enough pollution.

I gather that neither MJB nor Ironman have ben to mailiao.

The longer south you get, the worse it gets.

What about Tu Chen? Dirt City.

by the sound of it yes.

“She’s quite hot, except for those Sanchongs”[/quote]

:laughing:

I actually thought of this as I was applying deodorant to my stinky, hairy Sanchongs this morning :astonished: .

I think you’ve just created a synonym, my friend. You will go down in history.

by the sound of it yes.

“She’s quite hot, except for those Sanchongs”[/quote]

:laughing:

I actually thought of this as I was applying deodorant to my stinky, hairy Sanchongs this morning :astonished: .

I think you’ve just created a synonym, my friend. You will go down in history.[/quote]

You don’t shave your Sanchongs??? :astonished:

I don’t think you can strike it off so quick. Yangmei is full of hairy sanchongs.

It can become hard to see out from between them if you end up in the wrong area.

Well, most shity towns here have a few redeeming features.

Longtan has this big lake and also a fe good eateries, IE the Ningxia place, the sushi place, and the korean restaurants. Not too bad, but parking sucks big time.

Yangmei has the hills around town, and also a nice little park too. Apart from the hill, there are 2-3 small areas there I would call livable.

But there are several places, on this island which sucks - like I think they you could find horrible towns around in Australia, and neighborhoods worse than anything in Taiwan in Copenhagen.

If you look for the good, you will find it. The same is true for the bad.