Where is the good place to take foreign friends to?

Can anyone tell me where should I take my American friends to in Taiepi??? Especially that sell cheap and cute stuff? And a place that most visit… thank you~~!
:blush: [/b]

More information. How old are your friends? What kind of things are they interested in? Would they rather visit a museum or would they prefer to ogle at young girls in Hsimending? So many things to do, but you need to be more specific.

Sandie, I like to do both. Is it possible?

Sandie, I like to do both. Is it possible?[/quote]
You’ll have to ask Omniloquacious. I tend to fall over a lot if I try to do too many things at once. However, this can have its advantages as ogling young girls is often best done from the prone position.

Cheap and cute? Hsimendingsda …

:wink:

Hsimending is one good place as mentioned above, but yeah can you provide us with more information about your friend?

You may be able to find some things in the Shih Lin Night Market, but compared to Hsimending it’s not going to be as good.

2x post

take them to the American Club? or AIT? or McDonalds? :laughing:

actually, i took my friends to National Palace Musuem, the Zoo (bad idea, too depressing), passed by a night market, a good local restaurant, a good foreign restaurant (whose cuisine that my friends have not tried), a teahouse in Jiufen, Danshui (crappy, but touristy), some clubbing on the weekend, a legit massage place, ktv for the experience, a hike in the hills, a movie, ximending, a hotpot place, a fashion show (with free booze!)

i;m looking for suggestions too if anyone has other stuff.

How about the snake alley, not a bad place for tourism.
YongMinShan is not a bad place for a walk or an easy afternoon.
DanShui, Ximending, and ShiLin are for younger crowds and I would highly suggested it too.

Back out to CKS to watch the aeroplanes :wink:

Yangming Mountain
ICRT
Carnegies :wink:

[quote=“cindylovesyou”]
Can anyone tell me where should I take my American friends to in Taiepi??? Especially that sell cheap and cute stuff? And a place that most visit… thank you~~!
:blush: [/b][/quote]
I am so happy that so many people replied to me!!!
My friends are about 40 years old couple, and one of the friends like cute,puffy and small stuff…I am also wondering like something with Chinese style, but not that expensive…Where should I go?
And I heard that the Snake Alley isn’t a good place to take foreigners to …because they kill snakes…is that so?
One more thing…Do you guys like the Palace Museum ?

Take them to one of the many night markets! TamShui or ShiLin should be interesting for them, at least in TamShui you can also stroll around the promenade or watch the sunset from Fisherman’s Wharf.
If you want to buy souvenirs take them to the Chinese Handicraft Market near NTU Hospital, huge selection over 5 floors.

Yes they do.

Personally I think it’s worth visiting at least once.

Other places which might be worth visiting:

• CKS Memorial Hall
  • JiuFen & JinGua Shi (1-1.5 hours by bus)
  • YangMing Shan
  • WuLai

Don’t think anyone metioned it yet, but there’s the presidential gardens near shilin mrt station. One of the few nice bits of nature in Taipei. Also the Sun Yat Sen Memorial. There’s often art shows going on in the basement there.

Not so much the memorial hall itself, but in front of the memorial, there’s an outdoor photo exhibit called The Earth From the Sky, or something to that effect (the title is in French). Hundreds of large color photos displaying aerial views of scenes from countries around the world line the main boulevard leading up to the memorial hall. Definitely worth a visit.

Oh, didn’t know that - sounds interesting!

Very! I stumbled upon it one evening after work when I decided to take a walk through the memorial. The photo of the twin towers nearly moved me to tears. The captions (in both Chinese and English) are very well written too. I suggest you spend at least half hour on a weeknight to take in the exhibit. I think the lights go out at 10:00 p.m.

I’ve seen the ads for that exhibition in various MRT stations. I had to look very closely, as one of them shows what appears to be a tiny man lounging against a stack of cauliflowers. Closer examination reveals it to be a normal-sized man against a stack of bales of raw cotton or something.
I haven’t been to see the exhibition yet but will definitely be going soon. Its on until Jan. 25.

[quote=“cindylovesyou”][quote=“cindylovesyou”]
:blush: [/b][/quote]
And I heard that the Snake Alley isn’t a good place to take foreigners to …because they kill snakes…is that so?[/quote]

Well, I think that is cute and snakes are pretty cheap in TW… :unamused:

The only place worth visiting in Snake Alley is Han.

I’d like to hear more about the fashions shows with the free booze.