Where is the new best place to get away from it all and live near the beach place in Taiwan?

Really? But as endy said, its just grey sand & shitty rocks.

“We also discussed how one of the reasons that may have kept Lanyu from the hords of tourists and the subsequent building of resorts and hotels is the lack of pristine white sand beaches and the fact that only Tao people being allowed to buy land in the island …”

Not so. There are stretches of fine yellow sand to be had. Beaches you can flaneur along in the late afternoon. There’s always rocks here and there though.

Honestly no idea…

Typhoons in Lanyu are pretty brutal and for any emergency it’s basically necessary to come back to mainland Taiwan, but it’s a very beautiful island, quite, clean air, lot of goats, great beaches…
As a “retire, buy a house and make some extra cash renting a couple of small rooms to tourists” place would be great.

Penghu has some of the best beaches that I have seen (not counting Hawaii). I noticed that there are live critters and little pollution there. If you want seclusion, Penghu is it. Winter is extremely windy. If you had good windows, it would be OK.

1 Like

I like Penghu a lot but it is also hot as hell in Summer.
But if it’s beaches you are looking for there is absolutely nowhere in Taiwan that is anywhere close to it. Having some kind of seasonal residence there might be kinda cool.

I also visited once in April and my God it was cold !

1 Like

Isn’t that the point?

1 Like

There’s hot then theres Penghu ‘we ain’t got no shade just blazing sun’ hot! :slight_smile:

hrm if there were only cool blue ocean waters where we could frolic to escape the heat…

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Kenting Beach is nice. I was there on my birthday weekend.

I know a great place but I’ll be damned if I’m going to mention it here. Have fun looking though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally understand. I feel that way too when I stumble upon a nice secluded area. I know it’s selfish, but I still refer to these places as ‘my spot.’

Penghu?

Kenting is the best place I can reccomend.