Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

Banda Island?

Right group of islands. I think you can give the name of that island.

Banda Neira

Banda Api Oh I think milker got there

Like I said, this is an easy one. I think Milker has this one despite the 10 minutes rule. To get Banda islands is pretty much right one top of this place.

:european_castle:

I wanted to post a picture from Pulau Hatta, also one of the islands in the Banda islands. However, there’s just not much there to post. Pulau Hatta, used to be called Rosengain, was where Frederick Coyett got exiled to after losing Taiwan to Koxinga.

The fort is called Fort Belgica. It was built in 1611. Coyett no doubt passed by this fort on his way to Rosengain sometime after 1665.

Coyett lost Taiwan in 1662, and was imprisoned for 3 years before being tried for high treason. The exile to Rosengain was considered a “pardon”, that poor Swede working in the Dutch East Indies company…

2 Likes

Banda Neira, in case somebody tries to pull the 10 min rule on me.

Would never do such a thing …you did the hard bit :joy: I just thought it may have been the Volcano we were looking for

You wouldn’t, but certain other posters would. :sunglasses:

Looking for the name of an island.

place

Fraser island?

No, but you have the right ocean (Pacific).

Kauai?

No, but you’re getting quite warm.

Lanai

Nope.

Molokai?

No.

A volcanic island with a shield volcano structure, probably with slow flowing mafic lava… It’s either one of the Hawaiian islands or the Galápagos in the Pacific.

Ni’ihau?

:beach_umbrella:

Yes, 你好島.

1 Like

Ha. I’ve done with this game.