Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

Ah, I’m showing my geographical ignorance. :slight_smile:

This body of water is considerably south of Ontario.

An unusual man lived there. He’d spent some time on Java in his youth ^earlier in his life (I’m not sure how old he was at the time).

His son came to a tragic end. I think he died the same year as his son.

The hint I mentioned earlier is in the dedication of Le Colonel Chabert. This man’s wife painted the coats of arms for all the families in Balzac’s Human Comedy. In North America, the man remarried.

I just realized, I don’t think there’s a Blue River in Colonel Chabert. Then again, I read it in translation.

But like I said, it’s 'way back at the beginning, even before the events of the novel begin.

Bayou Meto?

No, but you’re quite warm. Lemme check the map to see how warm you are.

You’re hot.

Go northeast, or maybe east-northeast, either one is fine. Anyway, you’re somewhere between, say, 13 and 20 miles from it, depending on what part of it you reach. If you want the Street View, maybe east-northeast is better.

Did you even look at the Balzac clues? :slight_smile:

Be right back, gotta wash a couple of recyclables.

Yes. Little LaGrue Bayou.

1 Like

Horseshoe lake/ Mud Lake haha I didn’t. Too literary for me.

Good work!

@Dr_Milker, You get a church, right?

Yeah, that might not have been a good idea. Maybe that’s the end of my “verbal” experiment (assuming I ever get another turn).

Just frenetic work time for me , so no time to investigate much

1 Like

No points for the Bulgaria one. You said you wouldn’t whine about it. So, don’t whine about it?

Leaderboard
:church: :church: :church: :church: :church: __ __ __ __ __ DR_MILKER (:trophy:)
:ship:
:tractor:
:kick_scooter:
:small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: __ GEAJVOP
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SHIADOA
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ HANNES
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ MA3XIU1
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ FEI-FAN
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TEMPOGAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TANGO42
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ MICK
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GABOMAN

Just as long as @geajvop doesn’t get a point for that one either.

Did I give him a point? Can’t remember, probably. Will take it away. Let’s see if he’s going to shout at me.

1 Like

AT ME

(Are you happy now?)

1 Like

Who’s turn is it now?

Its open. Its been ten hours

Your turn.

Only with THIS NEW RULE (applying to the top scorer on the board only…)

If the last successful guesser is not posting an image, he/she is not allowed to guess the next image posted by someone else. :smirk_cat:

1 Like

All right, all right. Gimme a minute.