Where is this? {Pic Quiz: World}

That’s an unsual name, too. I wonder, was it named after a monk?

Yes, Friar Benedict.

Ah.

yum

1 Like

As to this one: I don’t remember whether I Google checked it. I guess it’s possible that this will be pretty difficult, but with you guys, I don’t know. I was surprised by the speed with which hansioux figured out the church in Troms. After he identified it, I went looking for it, and I had trouble finding it. :slight_smile:

Anyway:

Please identify this particular spot, either by saying what the thing actually is (which is slightly technical and will involve two proper nouns–that is, two names), or by one of its slang designations (which occur in at least two songs–the two slang designations are very similar, and I won’t quibble about that), or by the name of the town/city that it’s located in (it is called a city but it is pretty small for a city these days).

Yeah, isn’t that a trip? For a few moments, I wondered whether the town was named after the food products.

OK, now. I looked at that tiny bitch of an image, thought for a while. Did not even bother to do ANY search, image or other. Then I thought deeper and came up with the guess.

Montevideo. That was just 300k off the frickn mark.

Now here is the difference with the Milky way and the way I would have responded.

Milky: No

Hannes: Wow, you are very, very close. Good shot!

The Milky ways SUCKS!

NOT :cool:

Leaderboard
:church: :church: :church: :church: :church: __ __ __ __ __ DR_MILKER (:trophy:)
:ship:
:tractor:
:kick_scooter:
:small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: :small_airplane: __ GEAJVOP
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO
:european_castle: :european_castle: :european_castle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SHIADOA
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ HANNES
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ MA3XIU1
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ FEI-FAN
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX
:beach_umbrella: :beach_umbrella: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TEMPOGAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TANGO42
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GAIN
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ MICK
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GABOMAN

Ellicot Mills

No, but right country. Within that country, slightly warm, too. Added hint: old blues.

1 Like

I have to agree. No acknowledgement that Montevido -300 k away - was close, and then subsequently saying that Formosa - 1000 k away - was getting warmer.

Same last time telling me that I was getting warm when I was over 2,500 k from the correct spot.

Clarksdale

No, but right state, very warm. Added hint: W. C. Handy.

Big hint: “. . . the weirdest music I ever heard.”

I found it, ten minutes… arrghhhh

Tutwiler

Right state, quite warm.

See how Charlie Jack is generous with his hints too?

So much more fun to play, and I am not even guessing right now…

Still fuming…

Junction of the southern railroad and the Yazoo delta railroad

Moorhead

1 Like

Yes, and I apologize for giving an inaccurate quote. I wrote, “. . . the weirdest music I ever heard,” when I should have written “the weirdest music I had ever heard.”

:small_airplane:

1 Like