1 Like

Here is a riddle hint.

What’s in the river is in the name, but River is not in the name

Sandy?

It’s in southern Australia, but not in South Australia

Murray River

Scamander

Be careful, now, you’re in Tasmania.

I’m gonna play it safe and stay on the mainland with the wombats and the koalas.

1 Like

To recap the clues (I don’t know if I got all of them):

[To give an idea of what “in Australian terms” means in this case:]

This poet has provided some additional helpful hints:

:slight_smile:

Blackwater?

Mooney Mooney creek … clues are making it worse :disappointed_relieved::thinking:

Stony Creek?

My apologies; I guess my recap wasn’t really a recap; it was too complicated. I’ll try again:

The river we’re looking for is not called a river by name, and it contains something that is also in its name. It is in southern Australia, a few hundred kilometers away from the Anglesea River, which is in Victoria Province, but the river we’re looking for is not in Victoria Province. It’s also not in South Australia Province.

2 Likes

A Creek in NSW?

That sounds plausible, but I don’t want to risk misleading you. I’ve been awfully wrong quite a few times in this game.

:slight_smile:

I don’t know whether we can rely on this, but this is what Wikipedia says about southern Australia:

Again, caveat lector.

It’s hard to imagine that anything in Western Australia Province would fit the clues that @hannes has given:

I forgot something: @hannes also said “Kennet and Wye [are] the closest so far,” bearing in mind that the river we’re looking for is not in Victoria Province.

Curiouser and curiouser :rabbit:

2 Likes

I do hope it’s not Frenchmans Creek…

1 Like

Lol.

Edited to add: Wait a sec. What if the Frenchman lives on a houseboat in Frenchman’s Creek? (Just kidding.)

Not much time right now. Someone said something about Tasmania. Why don’t you guys go ahead and search there? :slightly_smiling_face:

Crayfish Creek

2 Likes